10 Steps to Performing a Roof Inspection

Ben, The course was more detailed than the regular roof inspection course, and I am thankful for the information as even when you think you have most the knowledge there is always room for more. The music was a little more than I expected as I glue myself to the speaker on Vidio’s so as not to miss anything.
In the up coming vidio’s will there be more on age determination? (Shingle roofs) Flat Roofs can be re-mopped or capped and would be hard to determine.

Music was a little loud at times, but as a beginner, I found the video very informative and it explained roofing very well to me. THANK YOU.

Next time you should try using this one for inspiration.:smiley:

Nice commercial

Roofing, plumbing, oh yea
you want it, we got
nachi
It’s just like an online university

Good video for a new inspectors indeed. I thought your diagrams were excellent and could be used to explain potential issues to client. Worth it.

Ben,
Excellent Video!
Very informative!
I really like watching videos for my learning pleasure…
I can’t say enough about InterNachi, I’m proud to be a member.

One thing though, the music could have been toned down a bit. I had to adjust the volume up and down. I turned down the volume because the music was so loud then when you started i couldn’t hear you. Turn it up to hear you and then when the music came on again I thought it was going to blow my speakers. Mixing Audio can be tricky, but great first run. That was the only frustrating part I experianced.

Anthony M

Enjoyed the course. Good information. Have to agree that the music and flash graphics were a bit on the annoying side. I still enjoy all the great information you all have put together.

I can’t say I have ever seen this before. This thread has 25 posts. Out of those, 5 of them were from first time posters. I’ve seen 1 or 2, but never 5 new posters on one thread. Interesting.

You don’t follow the Door Prize and free stuff threads very often, do you?:roll::p:D

It’s all about the music. :shock:

Steve,

I caught on that right away.

Ben,
Good refresher course.
A few comments I have are:

1. have a cutaway section like a small model showing the different areas you are discussing (ie the valley, proper flashing or ice barrier). Pictures are good, but somehow actual material sticks better in my mind.
  2. Have in hand an actual sample of the item you are discussing (ie shingle, ice barrier, proper nails (for color differences), flashing material or drip edge).
  3. Try to show illustrations and actual pictures of the different types of flashing. Some may not have seen all types.
  4. This one may be a bit hard to swallow, but I would prefer Ben’s picture the size demonstrated in the drip edge section with more attention to the details being discussed. As handsome as he is, he covers some of the words and/or pictures.

As for the commercial, Yes the music is annoying. I was glad that it was not overwhelming in the course. I just wanted the information and didn’t need the flash.

Roofing Commercial:
Overall Good.
Constructive: Dump the music. A little generalized even for the homeowner.

Performing a Roof Inspection Part !: I purchased the down load for $6, it was a bargain. It would be more suitable for young newbe or a homeowner making his own inspection. To that sense it was a good mix of general and technical. To that extent, leave it alone its a good product! Like you ‘gotta’ know when to quit!

For the pro perhaps a little to simplified. I do not have much patience on videos in the first place because I can read and comprehend so much quicker. If it was intended for the pro to do inspections as indicated by the title, a lot could be condensed. Work on that and do more of exactly like the title states.
Fred

Ben-

The video was a great and the price was even better.

Thanks!

Todd Reed

just a thought Ben…lots of inspectors have worked in the trades and many have noticeable hearing loss from long term noise exposure. Being in this category myself I have to admit if someone is talking with loud music in the background I find those type of situations quite frustrating…Jim

I found the 10 steps to performing a roof inspection informative and easy to follow. I would have liked to see some information on dating the roof coverings. I think this is one of the more difficult things to do. I would like to thank you for the good work you do with the continuing education program.

Beau Fayad
Key Largo, Florida

**"**Ben,

I thought the video was very good. It covers all the necessary items of inspeciton
and explains well all the components.

I really do not have any sugestions for improvement. Anyone can “nic-pick” but the
content is good and presentation is good.

Ron Hall "

Here’s a few more. :smiley:

· Ben, the over dubbed **music **soundtrack is bloody awfull and drowns you out

Gerry

· GOOD LORD…INCREDIBLE…!!!

BEN…GET HELP-----

· -Try again fella.

The music over your voice is extremely annoying.

You might as well as have duct tape over your mouth.

· That’s why I have a DVR. I can skip through** annoying** commercials. And the company paying for that commercial gets nothing for their money and gets no money of mine.

It’s annoying. And following in that vein, I closed the window and won’t be buying the product.

If you have a good product, just sell it. Don’t play games

· I must agree. The music is loud and boisterous.

The problem is…you’ve got loud** music** playing while you’re talking and supplying information. That’s as bad as having two people talking to you at once.

· I say, rid the Rock & Roll music.

· Ben,
Excellent…I can’t say enough about InterNachi, I’m proud to be a member.

One thing though, …didn’t care for the music all that much!

· Ben, The course was more detailed than the regular roof inspection course, and I am thankful for the information as even when you think you have most the knowledge there is always room for more. The **music **was a little more than I expected as I glue myself to the speaker on Vidio’s so as not to miss anything.

·Music was a little loud at times, but as a beginner, I found the video very informative and it explained roofing very well to me. THANK YOU.

· Ben, One thing though, the **music **could have been toned down a bit. I had to adjust the volume up and down. I turned down the volume because the music was so loud then when you started i couldn’t hear you. Turn it up to hear you and then when the music came on again I thought it was going to blow my speakers. Mixing Audio can be tricky, but great first run. That was the only frustrating part I experianced.
Anthony M

· Enjoyed the course. Good information. Have to agree that the **music **and flash graphics were a bit on the annoying side. I still enjoy all the great information you all have put together.

· Ben,
Good refresher course. As for the commercial, Yes the music is annoying. I was glad that it was not overwhelming in the course. I just wanted the information and didn’t need the flash.

· Roofing Commercial:
Overall Good.
Constructive: Dump the music. A little generalized even for the homeowner.

· just a thought Ben…lots of inspectors have worked in the trades and many have noticeable hearing loss from long term noise exposure. Being in this category myself I have to admit if someone is talking with loud music in the background I find those type of situations quite frustrating…Jim

Good course… price was right

Thanks,
Tom

Thanks! Ben.

When does part 2 come out???

Key word for me is
Professionalism"

Ben the Rapper doesn’t quite fly.

My opinion . . .