15 amp meter?

This meter was marked as ‘15 amp’ 240 volt??, I dont see this kind very often, but i ran across it on a past inspection - I recomended it be evaluated In addition to the electrical problems that were clearly apparent in the home.

**Can anyone tell me more about this
particular type and brand Sangamo?
PARTICULARLY, WHY THIS ONE IS MARKED AS 15 AMP?
THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ONLINE;

In 1954, Sangamo came out with the J2S and J2A singlephase meters which brought the maximum capacity from 60 amperes in the JS and JA to 100 or 200 amperes in the J2S and 100 amperes in the J2A. Shortly after its introduction, several major changes were made to the J2 meter. The internal frame was changed from cast iron to aluminum and the base on the Class 100 self-contained meters was changed from metal to fiberglass resin. The Class 200 extended-range and the Class 10 transformer-rated versions continued to be produced with a metal-base.

Morning Joseph,

the 15 amp marking you are seen is only the meters test or calibration amperage, from the article you have posted that is actualy a 100 amp CL meter.

Regards

Gerry

Hmmm
Hey Joe,

Did you not take an electrical course recently…:wink:

Yes sir PAT, i did take an electrical course and test recently, i must have terrible retention… hey what is electricity? what does retention mean? :wink:
Actually, id like to thank you Pat for proctoring the exams so i can get state credits.
I passed all the ones i took that day.

ya ya ya .I kinda knew from the rectangle shape , the J2A model number and common sense that it was a 100amp, but i was curious as to what the 15 was for.
Now i know its for calibration purposes. cool. Thanks Gerry,
and now… good night ! :cool: