152 deg in the attic today at 1 pm

Yes! Everyone send Nick a message about this.
This needs to be legal . We need a legal statement about this very dangerous condition we deal with daily. Many member states will agree.
Texas , Arizona and the rest!
I can’t imagine Arizona attics.
nick@internachi.org
Come on Nick! Have your battery of legal experts help us out on this…OK?

Roy
1st Pro Inspection.

I can tell you I keep it in mind all the time. I even hydrate prior to starting inspections.

It is serious stuff.

Paradise MY A S S . Give me 70 and sunny anyway :slight_smile:

Yes I do. I’m working on it by checking all attics twice:p

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docket/review/docket266/pdfs/heatHotEnvironmentsCritDoc-ExtRev-120913.pdf

15 minutes is a loooong time to be in an attic that hot. Was that the underside of the roof deck or the actual attic temp.

Mission Cool Towel…Lowes $20
I store it in my little cooler…gives 10 mins of cooling.

Frogg Togg Chiily Pad is even better.

Travis do they make you feel wet or just cool and dry?

I have one of those, so I threw it in my inspection box. Next time I will keep it in the cooler. Thursday’s inspection the AC was not working. It was the hottest I’ve ever been on an inspection. I almost jumped into the van to hit the corner store walkin cooler. I took it off after about 30 minutes, thinking it wasn’t helping. I know it works good on a boat when you’re in the sun, but inside with no breeze it just seemed like it wasn’t helping. I looked like just climbed out of a pool soaking wet, poured cold water over my head, and drank a gallon during the inspection. Overcast and a nice breeze set in about half way through the inspection and saved my butt. Be careful out there.

Cool😀
I wrap ice cubes inside it to keep my neck area cool. After about 5-6 mins, I dump the cubes out in the soffit and cover my head. The frogg Togg last for 10 mins in extreme temps. By that time I’m coming out.

Shot from the ladder at the access towards the sheathing.

I’ve had 3 kidney stone issues, not fun!!
6 years, 2 months ago & just this past Thursday.
First two put me in the emergency room, this time wasn’t as super painful & I rode it out for 4 hours.
Most likely contributed from dehydration in the super HOT attic the day before?
Be safe out there guys & drink, drink, drink.