1956 built home. Cloth covered wiring?

This home has a new 200 amp circuit breaker panel that was installed within the past 10 years. The old fuse panel was replaced with a 60 amp sub panel.

The wiring that feeds the sub appears to be the original (cloth covered wire?)
Is there any issue with this wiring at this point as to what is visible in the photo attached?

2 story home on wood pilings. 200 amp panel - approx. 10 yrs. old is downstairs and the 60 amp sub panel is in the location of the old fuse panel upstairs.

Thanks in advance.

Unless the insulation has somehow been compromised then it’s code compliant to reuse the old rubber insulated conductors.

Was this a bottom fed panel or a top fed panel upside down. :wink:

Thanks

I’ve got more photos but for some reason can’t attach them in the reply

Since most mpanels now have horizontal operation there really is no more top or bottom of the panel.

Our CEC points out that an upside down panel does not look good. Very funny however the breakers must not be.

Proper operation is not based on looks. This comment is even more ironic considering that horizontal mounting is allowed north of the border.

Straight answer Kevin, does the code actually specify a mounting direction or is this more of Kevin’s code?

No that is what I found funny. The CEC has no code about direction.
This is what it says!
Which end is up?
Service circuit breaker panelboards should be mounted in a vertical position although there is no rule that actually says so.
There is only the ? of Professionalism. Panels mounted in a vertical position do look more handsome, don,t you think?
This is strait from the CEC simplified edition. I got a laugh when I seen this about 6 yrs ago.
Rule 6-212 does apply to breaker orientation and rule 14-502.

thanks for the comments

I was just making sure if it needed to be called out or not.

58 year old wire, but it still appears in ok condition - or at least at the panel connection main lugs