1994 OC Calif home with 60 amp panel?

This 1994 home has A/C and plenty of appliances (2 refers). How can it have 60 amps?

I don’t think that’s a 60 amp panel…that breaker is labeled AC. Did you see a disconnect further upstream?

Show us the inside.

I agree,the 60 amp is labeled A/C so it’s likely that it’s not the main. More photo’s, like a few of the meter section would help.

OMFG!!
You’re a licensed contractor and ICC building inspector??? http://www.theorangecountyhomeinspector.com/
You better hold off on your home inspection career and get some electrical training.

I think Linus us right on this one.

It’s at least a 100 amp service, you just didn’t find the disconnect.

The disconnect on that panel is located behind another cover that isn’t clear in your photo. It’s directly above the meter to the left of the branch circuit breakers.

I’d like to hear the rest of the story. Is this a test?

I agree .
Sure sounds strange to me 5 years a NACHI member ???

Home Inspections in Anaheim, Santa Ana, Huntington Beach, Mission Viejo, San Clemente & Surrounding Areas. I offer value enhanced home inspections with a 100% Guarantee. Call 949-322-3666 for details about my value enhanced home inspections.
Orange County and L.A. Home Inspector

Why Should You Hire Me as Your Home Inspector?
I am a full time home inspector based in Orange County and I have been performing home inspections in Southern California for over eleven years. I am a licensed California General Contractor as well as an ICC Building Inspector. In addition to those professional credentials I am a member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors. My building and inspection experience benefits you, the home buyer and or realtor, in that you have an inspector who is familiar with building practices and standards and one that can identify issues and report on them without overstating a problem that may just be a deferred maintenance issue. I serve realtors and home buyers from Los Angeles to San Diego, and the Inland Empire, so **please call me at 949-322-3666 to discuss your home inspection needs.

Would guess that is a 100A load center based upon number of breaker slots. The 60A breaker is labeled as A/C, which you state it has. Is there not another (main) disconnect somewhere.

See post #6.

This wasn’t a guess - I know exactly where the disconnect is located…

You should also know that a 100 amp minimum service size has been required prior to the date of construction on that house.

You may not quote codes, but it does help to know what they require.

I see the meter to the left of the panel. Did you open that bottom cover? , bet you the main is going to be in there.

ICC Inspector? Hmmm…