2 more HUGE complaints against USInspect.

Originally Posted By: Guest
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Chad

The fact that you continue to come here says more about you than I can.

US Inspect is not a member of this association by our choice not theirs.

It amazes me when we see the same people having problems one after another. It amazes me even more that the same companies hire them again and again.

Could this happen to me? YES if I made the dollar more important than the job. I think that is the case here. The corporate mentality of profit affects the performance of the service.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Guest

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

As promised in the past…

I feel the need to post this message, now, and after every subsequent posting by one, Chad Fabry.

Chad is a non-NACHI member who continues to post in a divisive manner, in an attempt to discredit NACHI at any point he can. He continually challenges the workings and structure of an organization he has no membership in. He demands answers, where he has no right to. Time and time again, Chad has maligned members of this org. I believe there is an agenda, here.

One has to ask why he continues to post in the manner he does. He can simply join another org. He refuses to respect the membership of this organization by posting in the antagonistic and divisive manner he does.

He takes advantage of our policy of an open and un-moderated message board, by posting whatever he wishes. He knows full well that the very person he despises most, Nick Gromicko, is opposed to moderation. He even once challenged me to block his IP address. We do not do that.

I will post this message in response to anything Mr Fabry chooses to post. If he doesn't like NACHI, fine. IMO, he should show us all that he is a person of great character and conviction, should simply cease to visit this bulletin board. He cannot, as is evidenced by this very rebuttal. He is a charlatan. He can spin this thing however he wants. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck...it's a duck. Quack, quack, Chad...

Respectfully,

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: gbell

Chad

What does my soul have to do with US Inspect and NACHI. If it is as you say the rank and file would have had such an uproar that it never would have come to be. So no matter what the motivation we would have ended up right where we are now.

I could understand your point if all the money stayed with Nick. But it doesn't. I see money being spent all around the world.

Ask any member if they feel their benefits from NACHI were worth the membership fee. I would wagger that 99% would answer in the positive.
Can the same be said for any other association of any kind?

I will admit that we are not perfect. But to the best of my knowledge we are the best game in town.

We will have to agree to disagree.

--
Greg Bell
Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: Mari-Lynn Fisher

Quote:
These folks aren't two young honeymooners and they didn't just step off a boat yesterday. They were too cheap and too foolish to hire a WDO inspector. They gambled, they lost. Period.
I lost some money last year in the market... please help me Nick.[/quote]

We did not choose US Inspect!! We did specifcally request a WDO, and went to closing with two separate clean WDO's from US Inspect. (These are two separate cases.) We relocated and my husband's company used Cendant Mobility, who in turn set up the home inspection under the umbrella of "destination "services." It was set up via emails, which I will post on my page, and there is no mention of the company name or that we had any choice in the matter. I have this in writing.

I sent several more pages to Nick late in the night as I didn't have account activation and wanted to get as much fact out there as possible. They have not been posted yet, so look for them.

The fact that I am most certainly not a young honeymooner, and didn't just step off a boat, and generally consider myself a wise consumer, is my point exactly!!! We weren't cheap and would never gamble with our largest, basically only nest egg!!!

As a smart consumer, I researched the company on the internet and found their website to be very "informative." Why US Inspect is your safest bet... Even if I was given a choice, the "information" is very convincing- a checklist to compare US INspect with other companies, the top ten discoverable defects (termites are right up there) and how this discoverable damage can plague a homeowner... I encourage yout to look for yourself on their "Relocation Professionals" page.

Just want to clarify that The Hornug case and the Fisher case are two separate cases, one in Orlando, FL and one in Overland Park, KS. The two clean WDO’s I went to closing with are both from my case in KS. US Inspect did one of them for the sellers (Prudential Rleocation) in 6/02, and then again for us in 12/02. Prudential provided us a copy of the 6/02 report as part of their disclosure.

Quote: Remember, this can happen to anyone.

Not like this! Your report (Joe Farsetta) sounds like it identified damage and gave sound recommendations. No one can expect you to have Xray vision through walls. US Inspect did 2 WDIIR's on our home, one in 6/02 for the sellers (Prudential Relocation) which was given to us with the disclosures, and one for us in 12/02. They were different inspectors. Both indicated no evidence of infestation, no damage and no evidence of previous treatment (sound familiar?). On January 28, 2003, Terminix found a 1 1/2 inch wide tunnel on the side of the house, underneath the skirted deck in plain view (when you are under the deck- I didn't accompany the inspector under there, as I hate spiders!) with extensive damage to the siding and all the support posts hollowed out. There is no way that could have happened in less than 6 weeks in the middle of winter in Kansas! The damage is extensive in the house, and we haven't even opened up walls (not concealed.)

I say that NACHI is here for both situations- to make sure inspectors have the education to do quality inspections and the tools (forms, disclaimer language, etc.) to help the consumer understand what inspections can and cannot do for them and then to stand up in those instances where egregious errors are made and lives are devastated.

Quote: NACHI got burnedon one of these last year. Anyone remember the Clemon's?

How did NACHI get burned? The state declared Bill Word negligent in the Clemons case. The only thing I know about the Clemon's case is what was in the paper. She will not talk to Barbara and I, so I don't know what the deal is with them. I can tell you that I have worked very diligently and in very good faith to come to terms with US Inspect. In an email to me in April 2003, Cendant Mobility declares, " ...She has been keeping me posted throughout your ordeal...it has gone on long enough and you have been more than patient and fair." Yes, that was about a year and 1/2 ago!!! On my website I will be publishing entire documents so that each of these quotes can be seen in full context. I have nothing to hide! I did not run to the media to try to ruin US Inspect's reputation. I didn?t even file my lawsuit until after 16 months!!! I am going public now because the corporate "machine" will just keep running over people like me unless I make them change. I don't want this to happen to other people. It has been a nightmare.

I will try to keep up with the postings as best as I can and answer any questions that may come up.

Thanks-
Mari-Lynn Fisher

Couldn’t resist adding this one:

Quote: ...but even they can't be that dumb!

Another fun one... Our inspector brought along a trainee on his second visit to the house (I think it was to pick up the radon test), introduced him, etc. Our inspector was fired on 1/8/03 (according to him, we have requested his employment info during discovery, not yet received). When US Inspect was made aware of the Terminix report, they arranged to send out another inspector to take a look, and guess who showed up? Yes, the guy who was a trainee just a few weeks before and who had obviously trained with the best of them. Oh yes, they can be that dumb!

Originally Posted By: evandeven

Quote:
We did not choose US Inspect!!

As I understand it, and friends of mine are going through this now, the relocation company chooses the Realtors to sell the house. The Buyer can pick anyone to inspect the home. The WDO inspection has to be performed by a licensed company or id card holder. You should have done a little bit more research before allowing US Inspect to perform your inspection. They have had other problems in the past.

Two clear WDOs. If you are referring to the Clemons house, I saw the pictures. A majority of the damage was hidden and not visible at the time of the inspection.
As far as the second house, There are varying reports. One says he forgot to go in the attic, which I find hard to believe, another one says that it was not inspected, period.
In the upper portion of the WDO form there is a line for "areas of the structure not inspected". On that line, it will probably say something like: Areas of attic--areas of interior.
The next line is "Reason not inspected". That should say something like: Design, insulation, duct work, low clearance, limited access--personal items, storage etc.

I would like to know what those lines say. Perhaps there was an obstruction that prevented inspection of the attic.

Rats. Not included in the scope of inspection. I would mention to my client that there is a rat problem and have in the past. One of my clients actually climbed up on my ladder and peered into the attic. The two eyes that peered back gave him quite a jolt.

I am not defending US Inspect in any way. I personally wouldn't mind seeing the company go under as I have had personal experience with some of their members and one in particular. I wouldn't let them inspect my cats litter box!
Nonetheless, it would be nice to have all of the facts before we start throwing stones.

--
Eric Van De Ven
Owner/Inspector
Magnum Inspections Inc.
I get paid to be suspicious when there is nothing to be suspicious about!
www.magnuminspections.com

Thank you Chad, it’s actually my first post on any message board. I’m a mom of three, and never had need for one until US Inspect hijacked my life. Now it seems I don’t have time for for the most precious things in my life: Sarah, Sophie and Jacob. I am a fast learner- don’t have time not to be!

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Chad:

As much as you would like to make this about my dislike for USInspect (which I confess to)... it's not about me. It's about USInspect and termites.

Here I'll say it again... "USInspect and termites" Kind of has a nice ring to it no? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) .

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hey members,

There will always be non members jumping in here.
My recommendation is to simply ignore the negative
ones and maybe they will go away.

As far as sending money to this woman, I disagree.
There are people out there who make a living sueing
people. Not to say that this is her agenda, in this case.
US inspect is the liable one not us.

God forbid if any of the NACHI members might overlook
something or even have a frivolous claim made against
them, I hope that those cases are far and few between
for all of you.

JMI

Carla

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Carla:

I kind of agree with you but I think I see a pattern here. USInspect tied up much of the RELO work and of course tied up NAHI, both to help them sell services to consumers who have few or no other options in inspector choice. I believe that USInspect is no different than WALLmart.... coming to your neighborhood next. WALLmart is harmful to independent inspectors like those at NACHI. Should I as Exec. Dir. do nothing? I'll do whatever the membership wants but perhaps a look at the big picture is prudent.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Quote:
As I understand it, and friends of mine are going through this now, the relocation company chooses the Realtors to sell the house. The Buyer can pick anyone to inspect the home. The WDO inspection has to be performed by a licensed company or id card holder. You should have done a little bit more research before allowing US Inspect to perform your inspection. They have had other problems in the past.

I imagine that every company has a different policy? In our situation, we picked the Realtor (who has been great!) and weren't told that we had any choice in the inspection company. US INspect "guarantees a well-informed buying decision" Like I said, I will publish ALL documents when I can get a web site up.

Quote:
Two clear WDOs. If you are referring to the Clemons house, I saw the pictures. A majority of the damage was hidden and not visible at the time of the inspection.

NO, these two clean WDO's are from a THIRD home, my home (The Fishers) in Overland Park, KS. I am sorry if everyone is a little confused. My posts didn't go in order, as I didn't have my own account activation last night. I stayed up way late trying to get them to Nick, so now I am trying to paste them in from my emails. Chad, maybe I'm not so great at this after all.

Can I post jpeg pictures on this message board?

Quote:
I would like to know what those lines say.

Again, I plan to publish complete documentation of our case ASAP. FYI, on our report those lines say "Furnishings, stored items, etc," and the home was completle vacant when inspected!

Quote:
Nonetheless, it would be nice to have all of the facts before we start throwing stones.

I couldn't agree with you more! The facts in my case speak for themselves. Remember, Brian Fimian, a co-founder of US Inspect and a current Board member, stood on my front doorstep and told his attorney and his area manager Wayne Trickel, to "See what it takes to get these people in another house."

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Sounds to me like US Inspect needs to spend less money on flying real estate agents to Aruba and more on inspector training. icon_wink.gif

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Originally Posted By: jpope

Quote:
Can I post jpeg pictures on this message board?

Yes, please do ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Use the "Img" button at the top right of the reply screen.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: mbartels

Chad,

What do you care about NACHI’s interest in the matter is?

www.overbrookhomeinspection.com

It’s not over till you’re underground

Nick, can you get those pictures I emailed you onto this message board?

I agree with Chad that if NACHI wants to publicize this issue, they would have to support consumers regardless of a bad inspector's association. This is the first association I've found that admits there is such a thing as a bad inspection. See my earlier posting about what the FL Building Ins Assn [i]ethics commitee member[/i] said in the article about the state investigation of Bill Word. (Did you catch the part about the AWARD US INSPECT GAVE BILL WORD!!!

Also, Nick is not sending the money to me, but to the elderly couple in Florida, the Hornungs, where the husband is starting hospice care.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Quote:
it's NACHI's interest in the matter that I disagree with

How thoughtful, but let's not forget who Chad is, and how he has acted toward this association in the past.

In a nutshell...

Chad is a non-NACHI member who continues to post in a divisive manner, in an attempt to discredit NACHI at any point he can. He continually challenges the workings and structure of an organization he has no membership in. He demands answers, where he has no right to. Time and time again, Chad has maligned members of this org. I believe there is an agenda, here.

One has to ask why he continues to post in the manner he does. He can simply join another org. He refuses to respect the membership of this organization by posting in the antagonistic and divisive manner he does.

He takes advantage of our policy of an open and un-moderated message board, by posting whatever he wishes. He knows full well that the very person he despises most, Nick Gromicko, is opposed to moderation. He even once challenged me to block his IP address. We do not do that.

I will post this message in response to anything Mr Fabry chooses to post. If he doesn't like NACHI, fine. IMO, he should show us all that he is a person of great character and conviction, should simply cease to visit this bulletin board. He cannot, as is evidenced by this very rebuttal. He is a charlatan. He can spin this thing however he wants. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck...it's a duck. Quack, quack, Chad...

Respectfully,

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."