2002 furnace /air handler in closest bathroom

This unit is in a closet in the bathroom. It vents and receives air from the outside. I’m not sure what the enclose is suppose to be, vented, not vented door? Trying to find the correct wording for this, Help appreciated

Almost looks like they built the closet around it after was installed. How the hell do you work on that thing?

1 Like

Robert, check for space clearances for the unit. It’s prudent to advise the clients that replacement and or service may require removal of some wall structure to gain needed access. Since it takes air from outside, the closet doesn’t have to be sealed.

You pull it out like a fridge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t look like it fits through the door. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Oh, it fits… remove the venting, gas pipe, AC line set, and remove the door from its hinges. Don’t forget to disconnect the plenum while at it! BTW, I was only kidding about that. Clearly, it does not get moved to service it. I cannot even see the gas pipe. If it leaks or something and needs repiping, good luck :slight_smile: I do find them like this, however, from time to time… what are you going to do… write it up and move on.

1 Like