** Hey Guys,**
** I am working on some quizzes for 2008 NEC and figured I would post one here. For those who happen to have a 2008 NEC…give it a shot…Enjoy !!!**
Name: ________________________ Date: __________ ID: A1
2008 NEC QUIZ by Paul Abernathy
***Complete each statement.
*1. A(n) ____________________ permanently connected SPDs is intended for installation between the
secondary of the service transformer and the line side of the service disconnect overcurrent device.
2. The dwelling unit receptacles required by the NEC shall be in addition to:
3. Receptacle outlets ____________________ be required on a wall directly behind a range, counter-mounted
cooking unit, or sink.
4. The exothermic welding ____________________ is a permitted method of connecting grounding and
5. On a separately derived system, the grounding electrode conductor connection shall be made at the same
point where the ______________________________ is installed.
6. In buildings of multiple occupancy where the metal water piping system installed in a building or for an
individual occupancies is metallically isolated from all other occupancies by use of nonmetallic water piping,
the metal water piping system for each occupancy shall be permitted to be bonded to the equipment
grounding terminal of the panelboard supplying that occupancy. The bonding jumper shall be sized in
accordance with Table 250.122, based on the rating of the overcurrent protective device for the
7. Electrical nonmetallic tubing ____________________ permitted to be run through electrical metallic conduit
in spaces used for environmental air.
8. In straight pulls of 4AWG and larger conductors that are ______________________________, the length of
the box shall not be less than eight times the trade size of the largest raceway.
9. Handhole enclosures shall be identified for use in ______________________________.
10. Where more than two NM cables containing two or more current-carrying conductors are installed in contact
with thermal insulation without maintaining spacing between cables, the allowable ampacity of each
conductor shall be adjusted in accordance with ______________________________.
11. Article ____________________ covers the use, installation, and construction specification for reinforced
thermosetting resin conduit (RTRC) and associated fittings.
12. Wireways shall be constructed and installed so that adequate ______________________________ continuity
of the complete system is secured.
13. All nonlocking 15- and 20- ampere, 125- and 250-volt receptacles installed in damp locations shall be a listed
14. An industrial control panel does not include the ______________________________.
15. Older vending machines manufactured or remanufactured prior to January 1, 2005, shall be connected to a(n)
16. A motor disconnecting means shall be designed so that it cannot be closed ____________________.
17. Combustible gas detection equipment shall be listed for Class I, Division 1, the appropriate material group,
and for the detection of the specific ____________________ to be encountered.
18. In Class 2 Division 1 locations, switches, circuit breakers, motor controllers, and fuses, including
pushbuttons, relays, and similar devices shall be provided with identified _________________________
19. Where an agricultural site is supplied by more than one service with any two services located a distance of
150 m (500 ft) or less apart, as measured in a straight line, a(n) ______________________________ shall be
installed at each of these distribution points denoting the location of each of the other distribution points and
the buildings or structures served by each.
20. Where the tubing is readily accessible to other than qualified persons, field-installed skeleton tubing shall be
provided with _________________________ or protected by other approved means.
**Name: ________________________ ID: A
**21. A pool is a manufactured or field-constructed equipment designed to contain water on a permanent or
semipermanent basis and used for swimming, wading, ____________________, or other purposes.
22. All wet-niche luminaires shall be removable from the water for ____________________, relamping, or other
23. Part V of Article 680 does not cover self-contained, portable fountains. Portable fountains shall comply with
Parts II and III of __________.
24. When fuel cell power systems have both alternating-current (ac) and direct-current (dc) grounding
requirements, the dc grounding system shall be bonded to the .
25. [FONT=Arial] shall not originate from the same vertical switchboard
section, panelboard enclosure or individual disconnect enclosure as emergency circuits.
Print it out…Work it out…send me your answers and I just may give ya something…