2021 General Discussions

My wife and I will be married 38 years this October. I can still taste the wedding cake !!!

7 Likes

16 years married coming up in May. 19 years together. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My Bride and I celebrated our 20th this past October in Las Vegas

13 Likes

Keep it going Joe.

4 Likes

Saturday Date Night, Where am I? :grinning:

4 Likes

Been with this one since I was a senior in high school, 29 years ago. 3 kids later and now she wants to learn how to run a chainsaw? Makes me a bit nervous.

6 Likes

Did she take out insurance on you? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Probably, but she still needs me to start the saw for her, lol.

1 Like

Still dangerous once you hand it to her! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I get mine going right after though…

3 Likes

Did She recently buy a shovel ?..

3 Likes

And learn about the PPE needed so she doesn’t lose a leg. LOL

2 Likes

I took an ArborMaster chainsaw class years ago. They made the comment that a chainsaw is not designed to “cut”, but remove material! Something to think about!

1 Like

I thought about it.
Cut: 1.make an opening, incision, or wound in (something) with a sharp-edged tool or object.
2. divide into pieces with a knife or other sharp implement.

A chainsaw “cuts” by removing material :grinning:

And removes it in a bad way when it comes to skin and bones. :grinning:

2 Likes

…and FAST, it does remove it!

3 Likes

I bet “removing material” is a lot more painful than “cutting.” Just a hunch though.

1 Like

From 1991 to 2002, I operated chainsaws a lot in Alberta, from cutting miles and miles of oilfield seismic lines to oilfield lease clearing, logging, etc.
One guy I worked with was wearing those thin chaps available back then, when the chainsaw kicked back and took a chunk about 3 inches long, 1 inch wide and 1 inch deep out of his upper leg.
Another guy I worked with, got a cut across his eyebrow and nose from a chainsaw kickback.

3 Likes

chainsaw

1 Like

I bought a new Husqvarna 455 Rancher last year for using on our acreage, decent chainsaw. :slight_smile:

5 Likes