2021 General Discussions

I run that saw too. My wife loves her stilh. I do have a new favorite though, Makita 36volt. It’s not a saw you run for hours, it’s for throwing on the 4wheeler or in the truck when heading into the hills. Great for small jobs around the house too.

4 Likes

So do you recommend it for small jobs?

1 Like

Absolutely. It’s great for work around the house, cutting camp firewood. Not that I endorse it but…it’s light enough to use one handed on the top of a ladder. I own a lot of makita tools and batteries, I just had to have this saw and love it.

3 Likes

Sounds good Walter, Thanks, :grinning:

1 Like

Scott, Is that you sitting on a bench on the boardwalk behind the fifth concrete bollard at Perkins Cove in Ogunquit , ME? I thought I recognized you, sitting on that bench waiting for your wife to pay for parking before your date at the Lobster Shack.

4 Likes

After walking the marginal way from the village to the cove, we had dinner at Barnacle Billys with a water view. Yep, that was me sitting on the bench. She likes to wander off taking pics.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Bob goes to see his friend Pete. He finds Pete in his barn dancing naked around his John Deere. “What are you doing!” asks Bob. Pete stops dancing & says, “My wife has been ignoring me lately so I talked to my psychiatrist and he said I needed to do some thing sexy to a tractor.”

3 Likes

Off to work, Have a great day, guys, and be safe.

6 Likes

Large roadside attractions, What is in your neck of the woods?
140808_bootmobile_mobile_primary2

5 Likes

Less than 2 miles away. People would really be surprised to know what it is like to live here vs what is reported nationally.

5 Likes

WOW, That is cool. It makes you wonder how something like that formed, A lava bubble?

2 Likes

I have a pair these, about 30 years old, still in really good shape, and have been worn many times in the snow. A little smaller though. Great boots.

5 Likes

It is all granite, they say it runs underground all the way to Texas. We have many granite quarries around and other smaller “granite” mountains around us. Now famous from the “Walking Dead” series.

This park is really nice to have nearby, tons of stuff to do including camping, fishing, hiking, swimming etc. Great views from the top. Some Easters Sundays we walk to the top for Easter Sunrise Service.

https://www.stonemountainpark.com/

8 Likes

We also have Eartha, The world’s biggest globe, which is cool. Located in Yarmouth, Maine.
MEYAReartha_scan1

5 Likes

I just googled it…holy cow!

2 Likes

We have the Varsity, which is supposedly the largest fast food restaurant in the world. Serves 30,000 people on football Saturdays.

4 Likes

Boy, That must be loud in there with all the sports fans. When you leave there, your ears will be ringing, but it is cool.

2 Likes

It is cool, they have car hops too if you don’t want to fight the crowds.

3 Likes

I want to go to Maine and see a rocky coast line with a forest. Do some fishing, clamming or whatever you guys do up there.

2 Likes