24 inspectors joined InterNACHI today.

We don’t have a system in place to do it yet. Like I said, I thought that raising prices in January on new members would cool off our growth. Actually everyone did. I was wrong.

InterNACHI’s projects are like products in a big warehouse. We keep coming up with new ones and the warehouse shelves keep filling up faster than we can take them down, assemble them, package them up, get them out the door and post them on www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm

Well then, you could have a listing of interested parties with their “bids” for a membership slot, and interested members could pick their bidder of choice to sell to, or not. Like you said, members retire, die, go out of business, etc. so there would always be movement. Also, that would prevent greedy vendors from purchasing up (for a minimal fee) all available memberships to ‘con’ newbies to their products. If they want them, they can pay the “going rate” as set by the membership.

We removed the retired members from our count today to bring it down some: http://www.nachi.org/membership-stats.htm