As of just now... InterNACHI membership in Canada hit the 500 mark!

Alberta 28
British Columbia 61
Manitoba 2
New Brunswick 8
Newfoundland 1
Northwest Territories 0
Nova Scotia 15
Nunavut 0
Ontario 349
Prince Edward Island 0
Quebec 12
Saskatchewan 17
Yukon 0

Total 500

Ontario 349
British Columbia 61
Alberta 28
Saskatchewan 17
Nova Scotia 15
Quebec 12
New Brunswick 8
Manitoba 2
Newfoundland 1
Northwest Territories 0
Nunavut 0
Prince Edward Island 0
Yukon 0

Total 500

Nick:

For Nova Scotia, you didn’t mention that in the last year at least 2 former “Members-for-a-Year or Three” have jumped off the merry-go-round, have not rejoined and are not dong HI anymore!! And that’s all I know about but you have the total stats package…any more that you’d care to mention??
Let’s have the truth!

And I’m sure that the #'s leaving will accelerate due to the HI mill set up here a couple of years ago…“80-90% fail in the first 3 years” (Roy Cooke).

That’s good news!!!

The 80-to 90% you are quoting comes from the Canadian Association.
I think it could even be Higher then that now.
OAHI/CAHPI as they no longer give out information on the students. .
They are still a closed door association
Aug 04 …RHIs…212
July 05…RHIs…210
mar 06…RHIs…233
mar 07…RHIs…223
Apr 08…RHIs…238
Associates…117
Applicants…7
Students 400~
They milk the poor students big time Charging Huge amounts for the courses they insist they take and most just give up after spending upwards of $10,000;00 yes Ten thousand dollars.
And much of this goes to the directors who do a lot of the teaching…
.I am led to believe this is happening with all the Canadian associations.
They give very little information or help top the Members.
NACHI might not be perfect but it sure does more for all home Inspectors .
You Brian are a prime example where else can you give and get information like here on the NACHI site.

Still outnumbered, out gunned! The numbers in Nachi Canada will not be able to lobby provincial governments given the very low numbers. There is no effective consistent organizing in Canada by Nach its piece meal at best.

Who is this idiot pretending to be Wand?

If you hold the message against a mirror or the tinted passenger window while reading with a starbucks during the day, it says , now brace yourself…
raymond wand frontwards,
I know I was amazed my self, what will be in store with two in the house:eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock:

"NACHI might not be perfect but it sure does more for all home Inspectors ."

**WORDS WORTH REPEATING.

Which words are worth repeating? NACHI might not be perfect? OR It sure does more for all home Inspectors! Pick one!

Hey William Took a look at your site, not bad, but couldn’t find your name anywheres on the site. It would really help the public and your image to have your name on your site.

And not that long ago, I was the one and only!

You are #1 in my book great to have a leader and look now we have a dozen .
…Cookie

JB writes:

I shouldn’t laugh, but that one was pretty funny Jim… LOL.:smiley:

"Which words are worth repeating? NACHI might not be perfect? OR It sure does more for all home Inspectors! Pick one!"

If I picked “one” it would be ‘word’. The quote was “word**s **worth repeating”

I certainly agree with the “not perfect” part… but we’ll keep working at it.

Keep Up The Great Work Nick.

Nick you’ll be working overtime with putting new spins on the hype. Don’t get dizzy with the spin, you might fall off! :wink: And Nick thank you for asking me to serve on the CMI audit committee! George you would be a good candidate to serve on the CMI audit committee.

Marcel:

The INACHI test is in French also??? And Nick is in deep French immersion? Or is the test simply open to “les tetes carres” (anglophones)? Could be deep doo-doo, if not administered in French…INACHI will never be recognized by the gov’t there!!!

That’s true, Brian.

CAHPI National and the NCA have to spend about $ 25,000 per year just for translation of documents, websites, etc. into French. (We spent about $ 50,000 just from the NCP Pilot Project) To be a national organization you have no choice in the matter of bilingualism. How much do you figure it will cost to translate the iNACHI sites, etc. to French?

This rule is not just for Quebec either. Even if CAHPI had no Quebec members, we would still be obliged to do the full translation because of the Canadian Government’s bilingualism policy. If iNACHI or the CMI were to ever try for official recognition from ANY government in Canada, they would be subject to the bilingualism rules the same as everyone else.

In provinces that are considering legislation of Home Inspectors, that will be a big question that all participants will have to address.

Bill Mullen

Actually, New brunswick is the only bilingual province by law; Quebec is not recognized as a bilingual province…French dominates…they’ve got sign inspectors looking for English and other languages that are predominant on signs. About a month or so ago, there was a bit of a minor uproar about Guinnes and other poster type signs in a pub without having a French equivalent. Go figure!!