3rd party inspections

fixed ;~))

LOL, Thanks Barry

Jim

If there’s no benefit to be certified then why do you have “Certified Professional Inspector” in big bold letters at top of your website?

Also, if there is no benefit in being “certified” why did you ask Nick a few months ago to bend the rules so you could become a “Certified” Master Inspector?

Jim,

From a consumer perspective I would feel more comfortable with my selection of Inspector if the Inspector has voluntarily performed as you have by obtaining your Virginia State Certification. To me the consumer it would display that the Inspector has voluntarily agreed to abide by State requirements and also understands that if they fail to do so they would be subject to State disciplinary actions. It takes a great deal of confidence in one’s services to take such an action! For that I would commend the Inspector.

Christopher,

I’m trying to understand the many disparate comments he has made as can be seen here. It would be nice if he took the time to answer the questions posed to him regarding these disparate comments and views.

Juan,

Will you be coming back to help clear the confusion?

Juan is correct about any state licensing, certification, or whatever you want to call it. Any of it is basic, and a bare minimum.

The good HI’s in Kansas and the governor got the laws out, because they did not benefit the consumer or the HI.

I have stated many times that soon, the governments, and the insurance companies of the REA’s and their offices, will be coming after the REA’s to set the working standards of any HI or tradespersons that they work with, higher. This alone would weed-out the basic HI’s and Uncle Bob.

It’s coming.

Gary,

Juan’s opinion on the Virginia State certification for “Certified Home Inspector”.

The certification helps:

• Prevent sexual predators, violent criminals, career thieves, and many other bad people from obtaining the State’s endorsement they are certified to be honest and trustworthy enough to engage the consumers and enter their homes.
  • Prevent contractual misunderstandings between consumers and home Inspectors by requiring very basic contracts spelling out the scope of work for the inspection.
  • Prevents some forms of deceptive practices by Home Inspectors that might prey on consumers.
  • Ensures that Tommy Two Toes who is accident prone has the means to pay for what he damages when on site.
  • Helps prevent home Inspectors from selling off their client’s information to “Third Party Service Providers” (TSP’s) for kickbacks and other monetary gains.

Also at this point in time this certification process is completely voluntary and it appears only the most confident Inspectors are doing it. That is confident in their ability to provide a safe environment for the consumers.

So do you believe that the Virginia State law regarding “Certified Home Inspectors” and their certification harms the consumers like Juan believes it does?