4-POINT Changes and YOU

I personally don’t understand that “you work for the client” statement. Does that mean you do a different inspection depending on who pays? Your inspection should reflect the condition. Period! Do not purposely try to hide information. You do realize this is a public forum, right? Stating that if you provide “good” service screws your client shows the insurance community that someone should check your eork because you may be hiding information. That may explain why there is a wind mitigation reinspection program. If you dont provide the information properly you realize they will find someone that will. Now who screwed the client? If you dont provide the proper information they may want a refund.

I Agree Preston.

The inspector may be there at the expense of the homeowner. But, the report is for the use of their insurance carrier. The report must accurately reflect what the conditions are. Known hazards must be reported.

You are NOT ripping off your client with an accurate report, even if that requires them to make changes to remain insured.
You ARE ripping off your client if the report is inaccurate or misleading, resulting in the report to be worthless.

Overlooking known issues only SCREWS us, the inspectors. Federated has already decided that they would take 4 Points out of OUR hands. Citizens has decided to reinspect every home. Your not doing anyone any favors by overlooking hazards. :shock:

No one said s h i t about over looking anything.

The problems come from the morons that have turned the 4 points into mini inspections.

It was once a straight forward process that was simple and easy to understand.

Most of us got our first version from insurance agencies.

The problem comes from the fools that include things that were never asked about before.

THIS SCREWS the clients BECAUSE IT BRINGS UP ISSUES THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES NEVER BEFORE ASKED ABOUT.

Thanks to the idiots providing mini home inspections the insurance companies NOW expect it.

YOU fools fluffed up the 4 points like a great many do home inspections and the one who pays you pays the price.

Screw all of you who can’t see that. I will not attempt to explain it further to the idiots who live in the insurance companies pockets. You make me sick.

tHIS INDUSTRY IS GOING TO HELL IN A HAND BASKET BECAUSE OF FLUFF.

You have been ranting about this for at least 2 years that I can remember… and now your right. Happy for you… sad and depressed for the inspection industry in FL.

I agree with you Mike.
The four-point is now an inspection of four major components of the home.

As for those that are “in the insurance companies pockets”, I wouldn’t go quite that far, but certainly those that perform hundreds of inspections for the insurance companies,…well, let’s say, it wold look like some sort of conflict exists.

As the kids say these days…“Jus Sayin”!

Thanks to those who do see the problem and causes.

All we can do is attempt to work around and against all the bullcrap.

The workaround is very simple.
Just incorporate the four sections of the four-point into your inspection software and do a home inspection…and charge for it as well.
Did I see someone was charging $65.00 for a four-point? That will get 1/4 of it from me.

So, you will do a full HI for $280, Eric?

Just incorporate the four sections of the four-point into your inspection software

4-point 400.00