4 point insurance inspection

When did it become required to have photo’s for 4-point inspections?

long time, GI

Forever…

3 years ago.
They used to be very vague, as well. Then the insurers caught on and started requiring more. So, now we have thorough, documented, photographed, detailed 4pt inspection reports. PLEASE charge accordingly, I do.

mE TO :slight_smile:

Good luck with that… Here in Tampa we got guys stepping on their dicks to do em’ for $60.

Same here but not me :slight_smile:

Seems like a painful way to make 60 bucks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here in Flagler County you get a 4 pt. and wind mit for $100.00. Unbelievable.

I do them as an add-on to a regular property inspection and get $120.00 (already low) for them. Rarely do I get called for them as standalone. If I do, it’s no less than $150.00 I have the occasional price shopper tell me they’ve heard of someone somewhere or another doing them for under $100.00. I immediately advise them to hire them.

Bert

So do I Bert! It is funny to hear the reaction. Usually, they ask what is different in the way I do it as opposed to the 60 dollar guy? At that point, the hook is set! :mrgreen:

Maybe the pictures are extra?

I’m going to start collecting a ‘Wall of Shame’ on my website. A collection of some crappy WM & 4Points my agents get from time to time. The idea being, you often get what you pay for. Just because some guy with the cheap price calls it a 4 Point, WM of the doesn’t mean the underwriter will accept it.

You mean like the 4 pts that are one page wiht six barely readable pictures and wind mits that are handwritten with unlabeled and often, non-viewable pictures?

I had one person call me and ask me to “fix” the four-point she had done. I told her it was $200.00 and that in order to fix, it would require a completely new inspection.

Wind mits are another issue altogether.

And, just to remind everyone, Citizens does not accept electronic signatures on any inspection!
But, they do accept an image of your handwritten signature! Isn’t that electronically generated? :roll:

i NEVER LABEL PICTURES AND NEVER WILL. iF THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT THEN OH WELL FOR THEM.

i’VE NEVER HAD A COMPLAINT.

I used to spend a lot of time printing the page, signing it, then scanning it to place it back into the report. Until I learned how to create the “signature image”! Wow what a time saver!

Bert

Agent showed me one yesterday. The inspector ‘signed’ the form with one of those scripts that are cursive. No real inspector signature. No homeowner signature. Required boxes missed and pictures missing to substantiate the ratings he marked.

Underwriter certain to reject.

Agent showed me one yesterday. The inspector ‘signed’ the form with one of those scripts that are cursive. No real inspector signature. No homeowner signature. Required boxes missed and pictures missing to substantiate the ratings he marked.

Underwriter certain to reject.

We will be there Monday. Cheap inspection will cost the homeowner double. He should have hired us first.

eASY AS PIE

If you are using Adobe Pro, there is a pencil and for those that use tablets, the client can sign the document onsite and you can fill the report in later.
That is how I sign mine.