$40 Draw Inspection with DDN - Digital Draw Network - anyone make more?

I charge them $60 in the St.Louis area and I will travel 1/2 hour for that price. They dropped 3/4 of the inspections they were sending me since I raised my price. Who cares, work less for them. but they pay me more when I do work for them.

Hey guy’s & dolls;
That’s the problem, no one sticks together and they play one against the other.:roll:

Me either…DDN sends me plenty.

DDN called today to see if I could do a commercial draw inspection. $125 minimum, I agreed. Not much different than a new home draw inspection just a larger building. DDN has brought me close to $3000 this year, Trinity $7000 and CSI $7000. Home Inspections are increasing with the purchase of IR cam.You gotta do what works for you and your situation. Then there is Service Magic and that angle. With all the rain we have had last week I have had an influx of mold sampling inspections.:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: $$$$$$

Is that CSI Miami or Vegas!? :p:p:p

I bet they charge their clients more when fuel prices go up, and instead of sharing it with us, they pocket it.

I di alot for Granite but none lately. Must have been outbid.

Thanks for the feedback everyone…Looks we are in the same boat. Charge more get less inspections… Get paid more to do less work!!! It could equate to, possibly…

Does anyone know how much they are charging their clients??? I bet its $150 per report… it has to be!

I want start my own Draw Inspection Company, they sure are easier that home inspections… For $150 a pop, to take some snap shots, add some progress comments… Could be a new way to go for some of us…

Everyone pitch in some comments, if it is difficult setting up a Draw Inspection type company in your area???

Linus, may I ask what is CSI & could we get a link ???

I get some DDN, LCN (Lenders Choice Network, it’s Draw Inspections also), Mueller Services (Insurance Inspections), SafeGuard Properties (Occupancy Verification), can’t get nothing out of Granite, maybe they don’t do WY, or I need to shake the tree. Anybody have any more links to anymore of these “Filler Work” co’s ??/ May not be much, but it sure helps fill in the gaps, & I’m not to good to figure out a way to make them profitable, I’m not as fortunite as some guys who do a half a dozen inspections a day (clearing my throat & snickering under my breath )…I use my motorcycle in warm weather to save gas also for these inspections that only require a camera, a clipboard, & a pencil…plus ya get to see a lot of country…

Like any other business the lower people on the ladder rung get the lower wages. DDN et. all have a staff to pay, and all of the other business expenses that all businesses have.

If you think about it, draw inspections are simple. No, they are easier than simple. 40 or 50 bucks to take 15 pictures, and fill out an online 5 minute report is pretty darn good.

The exception would be for you rural guys that have to drive 20 miles to each. With gas prices you’re only making 30 bucks or so for an hours work. Then again, I don’t see too many jobs in my area that pay $30 per hour for simple work.

I was doing 30 to 40 jobs a month with DDN for a while, and those checks were nice. With the construction slow down, I’m lucky to get 8 a month. I’m always glad to do them though, and rarely are they more than 10 minutes away.

If I were still doing 12 inspections a week at $350 each I probably wouldn’t do draw inspections, but with the real estate slowdown, they are a welcome supplement.

TJ,
I sent you a PM with info.

http://www.csina.com/reps/index.html

I agree, but even if all of us agreed not to do them for less, they would just find inspectors or appraisers somewhere else. I told another company the other day that $75 was my bottom price, to my amazement they called back 3 days later and gave me 2 to do.

For those doing CSI draws:

Generaly speaking, what do you charge? Or rather, what do they pay you?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

$75 for me.

Hey, Justin-
I was doing thjem for $45, but notified themn earlier this year they would be $65 from here on out (They only give me one every 3-4 months, not like I can dedicate a day to their work).
Haven’t heard from them since.

I’m better off doing marketing than working for less than gas $.

Oh, that’s too funny!!

And, way too cheap!

Thanks for the link.

Yah yah yah “Its business” that’s what some say… Personally I hope those types take all the $40 jobs. Because that means I’ll soon have less competition! They will be busy doing the $40 jobs and I’ll be busy inspecting at full rate.
10 jobs 400 bucks… Minus 10 times the gas and time… I think time could be better spent marketing actual inspections.
Yah I know… You start your truck to go to the supermarket to spend money so of course you’d start it any day to make money! That doesn’t mean you blindly neglect the cost of doing business.
"On the other hand who doesn’t need gas money…? LOL

I do draws all the time and have them almost every day. I’m in my 3rd year full time and don’t lose money on them. I live in an area where I can do 5 in a day and be back home by noon. So if you can’t get the $150 you command for these inspections, don’t do them. Your time is better spent hanging out at the donut shop with the out of work used house salespeople.