5 inspections in one day

…aka… The McDonalds effect!

I have set speech for almost every component and not sure if I am talking to myself at times. LOL just kidding [cough ]

What do you use for your reporting? How are you doing them?

5 quality inspections is possible. A person wouldn’t have the opportunity for 5 or 1 inspection if they were mailing them in and doing poor quality. Properties get the time they need. If that is a 20 hour day so be it. I do give condo breaks on pricing sometimes…and always under 1000 ft. 2. To get something, you have to give something. It works well. It isnt lowballing…it is smart business. I already got the work. I give the break when I am done the inspection. A little surprise for my customer. It is kinda fun to give a little back. In the long run, it gets me so much more. I am booked out almost 3 weeks. It isnt because I am giving drive thru window inspections. But I sure as heck don’t keep my clients and realtors on site for 4 hours just so people think I am thorough. There comes a point with everything. That approach is killing some guys. They are still doing paper forms , telling stories and dragging their arce. It would be kicking it if they worked for me. Use the technology and be able to talk, walk and chew gum at the same freaking time. Some guys can’t . Or refuse to. You can be thorough, efficient and get work done. Just because some inspectors want to make it the event of the day or of their day, doesn’t mean that is the way to necessarily approach it. Just my opinion and observation in my local area.

The most I ever did was 39. All 39 were 360-410 SF condos. The whole condo building was being bought by 34 Realtors as a community investment. The lead Realtor on the purchase was a Realtor who referred me regularly at the time (sadly, she died four years ago). She hired me to inspect all 39 at the same time. So I had one building with 39 condos.

Although it was a summer day, which means daylight from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., still I was worried about being able to do all of them in one day, including the building, the laundry room, and the utility rooms. Not to mention that the property was 120 miles from me one way. So I got up at 2:30, left at 3:30, got to the property at 5:15, and finished up at 7:30 p.m.

Excluding that anomaly, I have done four three SFR’s in one day, also a summer day, and five total inspections (3 SFR’s and 2 condos).

If I talk about my company when I had nine employees, we often did ten inspections in one day. The most we ever did was 19.

:^o

3 weeks… you can’t get 10 days out of most contracts around here. I guess your Realtors like your “thoroughness” so much they changed their industry standard…

How many days a week are you doing those 20hr days?
I feel another math lesson coming on…

Standards are different in different areas. Most of the purchase contracts here allow for 17 business days, which pretty much works out to three weeks.

I get 10 days and screw the weekends! They count.

It’s called “New Math” and only taught in Vt. :roll:

You made a grammatical error and I believe you dropped a word. I’ve filled them in for you.

Now I do have a couple of questions for you.

• What is your definition of a complete inspection?
  • What is your definition of a “quality inspection”?

I would expect in your neck of the woods your chosen SOP only requires verifying that there are 4 walls, a roof, running water, and electricity? If so then yes 5 “quality inspections” a day is possible. Otherwise anyone who claims to be performing 5 complete, “quality inspections” a day is embellishing a bit! Also anyone working a 20 hour day is certainly not someone I would want inspecting my home!

The Scandersen Brothers are needing to feel a little better about themselves again I see…kinda funny. I know you amuse yourselves with your PBR 30 pack humor, but it is really just the two of you. You do know that… right? I did four today, all quality, all personal requests, 3 returning customers, one home that I did for the second time in 3 years, one of the requests was for a family member of an agency owner, his sister. He could have picked anyone. Must be because we mail um in and do poor quality. Gotta be it. 20 more this week total…because we do such bad work. People are just dumb enough to hire us…like possibly 650 or so people by the end of the year. That is a lot of stupid people. Jist cuz they do sum thangs differntly rond thr…dosint mean tha resta tha country follers suit. Agents are beginning to write 21 day contracts. Everyone is booked. VT is a hot market. It was one of two states that didnt really get hurt in the banking crisis. Do a little better research boys. You really don’t have to act like idiots for the rest of the class to like you…just sayin. hope you are doing well!

Here and has been that way since I’ve been doing inspections (12 years) and since my wife has been a realtor (over 10 years) most due diligence contracts are 5-10 days. Some are 3 days, some are 12-14. You get 21 days on a resale contract its an anomaly. My wife does not take or negotiate anything over 10 days. That’s this area. I’d assume its the same of all areas for many practical reasons.

Most I’m booked out is 7-10 days. Average is about 6 days for reasons stated above. Most SoP NACHI full inspections I’ve done in 1 day by myself is 3. That’s a long day and will burn you out quickly. Two a day 5/6 days a week is a grind. Definitely got to have a good system down and be efficient. Throw in drive time, realtors, buyers, sellers. Keep the party moving. But I certainly am not doing $200 inspections, almost average 3 x that.

Just curious. I notice you say “I” then you say “we” and “us”. So do you work alone? Or do you have a team?

Did 3 today and thank g-d I do not work till afternoon tomorrow.
Just got in and a long azz day.
5 normal Home inspections is impossible for any human.

That’s part of that “New Math” they teach Inspectors up there! I think they called it “Floating Multiplication”? :roll:

It’s a “Sugar High” up there with all the maple syrup, maple candy, etc., they eat! I hear it’s worse than coffee used as a “speed” enhancer. :wink:

Anyone claiming to do more than 2 a day is doing a disservice to their clients. Just my opinion as usual. But I know my quality of work is better!

Think again bubba!

last week your were looking for information on multi-inspector firms.
Today it’s you, yourself and I…

Your a legend in your own mind my friend.
There are only 60 seconds in a minute. Nothing will change that.
Your claims do not add up. Like Russel, I too have done 33 inspections in one day, but it’s not what your trying to claim…

Quality Inspection, that is a “relative term”…

With a team approach we do more than five a day, almost everyday.

We have an office staff of two, to send reports, respond to emails, answer questions and book appointments.

Our teams consist of two to three inspectors. Two inspectors can easily knock out three inspections a day, everyday. Three can do four a day, everyday.

That being said we are known for our extensive and through reports and are currently booked more than 10 days out for all inspectors. Clients love the great reports, realtors and tenants like the short time we are on property.

Way to go.