How to Perform Wind Mitigations

This thread is dedicated strictly to those students enrolled in InterNACHI’s “How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections” online course located at http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-inspection-course.htm.

The purpose of this course is to provide accurate and useful information for performing a wind mitigation inspection. This course will prepare the student to properly perform wind mitigation inspections and complete an inspection checklist that is used to develop wind mitigation inspection reports. It is the most comprehensive wind mitigation inspection course in existence. This course is free to all InterNACHI members and can be taken again and again, without limit.

5 Likes

I understand.

Just what we need more people doing them.

Thank you, I understand

I understand

I understand

I understand.

Acknowledged.

understand

roger

I understand.

I understand

I understand

10-4

While better than the previous one, there is still outdated and incorrect material.

Understood.

I understand.

Ben,

Will Nachi update this course to focus more on the OIR-B1-1802. With Citizens doing the recertifications they are looking for inspections that were improperly performed in the past. They are requiring inspectors to take course work on what to look for, specific methods to be used in completing the form, and newer requirements for satisifying some of the answers on the form. While I agree with you that the course here is very informative, I am not sure that it is targeted on the form and insurance company requirements for completing the form. An update to the course would be greatly appreciated I know that in reading the forum here there has been confusion on how to calculate roof geometry, on gable end bracing and what has been acceptable over the years, and now I know that Citizens at least is asking that opening protection must have manufacturers labeling for each opening… It would be nice to beable to find the answers to these questions in one training without having to go outside of the Nachi resources. I know that Mueller, WH York, Bill York and others are offering such trainings in Florida, but it would be nice if your training could be updated to focus on these issues so that we would not have to go outside of our Nachi resourses. Unfortunately Wind Mit inspections seem to be more directed at securing insurance discounts than in informing the homeowner on modifications in fortifying their homes, and it is important that our inspections are done in a manner that will pass insurance companies recertications and I am not sure that the course here prepares us to do this.

Understood.

Yes.
We have been working on updating the course and examination by working with industry experts, Citizens, and InterNACHI inspectors including John Shishilla http://honorconstruction.com/.

We’ll announce very soon.