Looking for study materials or sites

Anyone know some good web links for general residential electrical? I think I am going to get my electricians license and need some study materials.

Mike Holt has some excellent study materials but they are a little pricey. I’ve posted some of his graphics here from time to time. He also runs a very good code forum. You can find more info over at Mikeholt.com. I believe that one of the moderators over there is from Tennessee so he may be able to help.

There’s also electrician talk that has a popular forum as well at Eletriciantalk.com.

I am a moderator at www.electriciantalk.com. I can say that while we’re not setup to teach a resi electrician, there is plenty of good information there you can learn from. Just don’t post, or you’re likely to have your posts zapped. It’s for professional electricians only, but you can read all you want.

Sean,
Check out your local colleges. I recently took an electrical course and learned a bunch.

http://www.theelectricalguru.com/seminars.html

I’m not a big fan of attending seminars put on by homosexuals, but do whatever suits you best.

Odd, your Boy Friend said something completely different. :twisted:

Thanks! :smiley:

Homo what??? :shock:

Marc.
Not one of your better posts , Might be nice if you removed It . or altered it Thanks … Roy

I looked it over, and it appears that I spelled everything properly.

I had to prove that I had 8000 hours of electrical experience. Doesn’t Nashville have something similar for getting a license?

Jeff

I hope that is not really Marc posting that cra-p.

Marc is one of the few that has respect for Joe T.

Jeff

Kinda makes me wonder if he has a screw loose at this point.
Not a good way to ruin his own business in public either.

Slander is never a good business strategy.

There are study guides based on whichever year’s NEC you want. The licensing tests tend to make sure you know how to use the NEC book. They’ll also throw in specific questions on your local code.

Jeff

I missed the part where somebody slandered someone. Can someone point that out to me? :smiley:

Are you saying you did not accuse Paul W. Abernathy of being a Homosexual?

I’m not really sure who that is. I don’t see that in any of the posts above. Do you?

Yes and Jeff has just reported the post.
I am sure there must be a Hacker.

Thanks for hijacking my post… Now if anyone elsehas any knowledge about study material that would be great.