750 square foot condo...2 1/2 ton AC with 75,000 btu gas furnace

As a guess I would say to large. But they might have just pulled an old 70% or less efficient furnace that was 75k Btu and just replaced it with the same size not taking into account the output BTU’s. The size of the A/C is typical for that size furnace.

Charley, let me guess, was the home a mid 1980’s? I see that a lot here at the Jersey Shore. Did you have a chance to IR the envelope? Again, 1980’s homes in my area have very poor insulation installation-gaps, voids, misalignment, missing, and of course, no pull-down stair cover.

It was a 1915 remodled numrous times plaster and lath still in use. No IR on the envelope

I agree with mr. Anderson.

Easy on the Mr. he has to put his pants on one leg at a time just like most people;-)

Makes me feel “Old” too Mr. Bottger! :wink:

Lmao…you guys go to a ton of trouble for this problem.

I probably would just look at all the other systems there, most condos are similar or can be figured out which ones are similar and look at those sizes and check consistency.

If they are built the same, then it should be very similar in size.

Not a problem for me I was not there and if they were all the same I would guess the same idiot installed all of them but it does not make it right???:wink:

Doing things right is different than doing the right things,

Murphy

Did you read the original post? It was installed within the last 30 days. Just would make my case even a little better if 40 of them were 1.5 ton units…and this was the only 2.5 ton unit.

Well to be truthful I think I have slept since the OP:mrgreen:

Be careful Charley, or someone will be asking “where are your load calcs?”

They are in my head with 40 years of service behind it:D

That is why he wears the red hat. Keeps all that stuff from flying out

Yep… Is that what they mean when someone says “you got a swell head?” :smiley:

Well friend I have earned the right to have a swelled head if that is what you want to call it. I call it hard work:mrgreen: