Next Infrared Certified Webinar Feb 21-22

Next Infrared Certified Webinar is on Feb 21-22

John, I sure these are great. However, I could never sit for 8 straight hours for a course. My business is too busy. I really don’t need something live. Will there be a point where someone can access the content on their own…self paced? Do you have anything like that?

Many people over the years have told us that they love real onsite classes that allows Q&A with real time feed back in the class. Our webinar class provides the combination of feeling like your in a live class and yet not having to spend the money on travel and other expenses. There are other classes out there that are a static written courses that you can turn off and on as you wish. Our class is always live and dynamic. Thermal imaging is in the real world is a moving target and each day presents new challenges regarding the delta T, technique and diagnosing what the building is trying to reveal, beneath the surface of what the eyes can see. It is unlike any other subject I have ever seen.

Plus, I like to tell funny stories during class… :mrgreen:

Here is a discussion on some Infrspection infrared classes that might help you…
Many say they provide excellent classes.

John:

Thank you for the referral and reference to the past thread.

Jeff:

As a point of information, Infraspection Institute’s IR Inspections for Home & Building Inspectors is available 24/7 through our web-based Distance Learning Program.

This course is a 16 hour theory and application course for the use of thermal imaging for residential and commercial properties. Designed specifically for home and building inspectors, students are taught how to locate common deficiencies in building envelopes, insulated roofs and building subsystems.

Course provides in-depth and practical instruction for thermographically detecting hidden problems in electrical systems, HVAC systems, roofs, and building sidewalls. Course also covers how to successfully market, price and sell infrared inspection services. Course attendance may be applied to training requirements for thermographer certification through Infraspection Institute and the InterNational Association of Certified Home Inspectors.

Normally priced at $995, this online course is now available to InterNACHI members for only $195 - a savings of $800! Best of all, you may apply course hours towards a future Level I certification when you decide to advance your training with us.

You can join fellow InterNACHI members by registering online or you are welcome to give us a call.

We look forward to working with you and supporting your thermographic endeavors.

Jim, I took your Level 1, would you say this inspector targeted course is more value or, should I just move on to Level 2 with your offering?

On another note, do you have any training coming up for Mpls/ St Paul?

Dear Paul:

Since the core content for Level I Thermography and IR Inspections for Home and Building Inspectors is the same, I would recommend that you move on to Level II in order to avoid redundancy.

At present we are not planning any open enrollment classes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area; however, we do have several classes scheduled for the Philadelphia, PA area. Our next Level II Certified Infrared Thermographer® course is scheduled for March 2 - 6, 2015. As an alternative, Level II Thermography is available through our Distance Learning program.

Please feel free to give me a call should you have any questions as I do not wish to give the appearance of hijacking this thread.

Paul, I took Infraspection’s level I and II and I can tell you that it was during level II that the light came on.
Jim’s online class was excellent!

Thanks Will, I was guessing Level 2 is where things begin to come together.

Without a level 2 why would someone pay extra for IR? Anyone can buy a camera and show the pictures, blue is cold, yellow is hot is of some value but I can’t see charging for it. I think it comes down to what the user is expecting from IR, if you offer it free as a value added service you would need to keep things simple, if your reporting on anomlies that require watching or repair you can sell the fact your fee is a low cost service that may prevent downtime or costly repairs from system failures that may have been discovered while repairs were still cheap and easy to perform.

I know of hundreds of inspectors who are being paid extra for IR and they are not level 2. There is nothing wrong with level 2 so don’t get me wrong. Communication skills and diagnosing what the building is telling you may be lacking in some, even at level 3. To this day I have never seen a report in the real world that says blue is cold and yellow is hot as the final product. I would like to see that. Those who fail to make money in the inspection business are usually the last person to know why. Just saying.

Blue is cold ect.

Just a reference to showing people what the IR camera finds. The color differences is how you explain missing insulation or a non functioning supply line.

Just wait till you find the palette you like to use or works best for what you are doing and try to explain those color differences to your client. Like gray scale or amber or reverse them or any other palettes. Just sayin its not always blue for cold.

Yes I know, just saying color is used to show differences, also black and white thermal imaging was shown at the IR conference I just attended. The conference people made it pretty clear that color palettes are useful depending on the application.

I am not a technical person but I am good at getting jobs done without drama and on time. I will need to learn more about color imaging and the best way to use it depending on the inspection being done.

I have a lot to learn about IR so I’m always looking for IR threads and the Level 2 and 3 guys are probably best to learn from.

Hi, is it true that infrared isn’t very effective in warm climates? Can you see moisture in the wall if the outside temperature is fairly the same as inside? Thanks.

Measure at night.

That question and others are all addressed in thermography training at one point or another. You could also say measuring when its cold has to be done in a certain way. There is way more to thermal imaging than I imagined.

When I started down this road I took all the free info I could get, asked questions and sometimes got opposite views. Huh? Same in all professions.

Right now for me buying a camera is the hard part as when I spend the money I want to make income with my training and equipment. I don’t care if I’m inspecting Dairy Queen coolers, just as long as I deliver what they need and I get paid the going rate.

I did IR for 7 years in a warm climate and had no problem. Learning how to munipulate delta T … or work within the delta T windows that nature provides is the key.