A/C unit installed w/o Final Insp

Originally Posted By: jorbeck
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

While doing an inspection found there was a new Heating and A/C unit being installed and it was being used in the A/C mode. Unit was located in a utility closet where I found the permit with a correction notice and some items to be corrected. The permit was 5 months old My question is how would you folks handle this situation. What I wrote is:

"Recommend that the installer be contacted to schedule accomplishment of repairs and notify building department to schedule a final inspection. Unit appears to be functioning but corrections noted by building department need to be accomplished. Continued use of this unit should be closely monitored."

I read the correction notice and found that only two of the items noted were corrected.

How would you handle this situation, any comments or advice.

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

I ran into a similar situatuion regarding the drain line from a washing machine. The city Inspector left a tag stating that the drain line failed test. It was dated a year earlier. I took a picture of the tag and wrote in my report that the drain line needed to be brought into compliance and signed off by the appropriate authority. My guess is the tag was left by mistake, but I was not going to stake my business on that guess.

“I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused”-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Do exactly what you do in any other instance. Detail your findings in your report.

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Document and Document icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted By: rmoore2

Write it up on my report…till the ink run out… !!!

Just my $ .02

Thks, RM

www.prohomechek.com