A credit card company called me today

Originally Posted By: tallen
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

They said my name was givin to them from NACHI. icon_confused.gif

I never gave anyone a hint that I might be interested in this program.

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: bsumpter

A large number of telemarketers pull this stunt…its an easy way into the door for many salespeople.

Don't let it get you spun. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
"In the fields of observation, chance favors only the mind that is prepared"

Louis Pasteur

Originally Posted By: dspencer

They are calling me to its CHASE. Nick posted about them here and then they started calling. EVERY DAY! It would be nice if Nick would inform them not to call us and let us decide. I am happy with who I have now icon_biggrin.gif

I wouldn't give Chase even a penny.

Originally Posted By: rbennett

The one that I got wants me to take credit cards and checks for payment with their terminal

For some reason I don't think the call was from the credit card company - I think it was from the terminal company which seem to be way over priced.

Just more people trying to help us out of a $

I did get the sales persons email address if anyone wants to sign up

rlb

Originally Posted By: bgentry

yep, just got a call from a company called RBS. She stated that they just signed an agreement with our organization, and they are switching all of the members over to their company…

I said, "you won't be switching me!" Then hung up. She actually had the nerve to call back and ask why. I won't quote myself after that.

--
Bradley S. Gentry
Superior Home Inspection, LLC
Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, &
Elkton, VA
www.superiorllc.net

Originally Posted By: jbrown4

Todd

I received the call from CHASE last week. They wanted to convert me also. Their service charges are competitive but their equipment cost is very high. I told them I was not interested three times and then finally hung up. I use Costco’s processing service and have been very happy with what they provide.

Joe Brown

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Yeah I got one of those today, I tell them either the person they are looking for just died or they’re in jail. I’ve never had a call back.

Originally Posted By: tmorrow

I use Verizon broadband with my laptop, I also have a paypal account. So I can process the payment and send the report on site, and collect using credit cards. Paypal is reasonable, but I prefer a check or cash. The verizon service is 60.00 a month but I am also able to research, create and send reports onsite. Works pretty good also.

Paypal costs are roughly less the 3 percent per transaction, I charge this as a processing fee.

Cheers,
Tim

I am a member of NACHI btw, this forum never has worked for me well. I spend most of my time elsewhere because of that.

Originally Posted By: rbunzel

I got the Chase call today. The caller started out by saying that Paul and Nick suggested they call. This seems to be happening more and more. I think I will start asking specifically how they got my name since NACHI offically doesn’t give it out.

I agree on pricing - there equipment costs were steep. Since I don't see me using CC all that frequently I ask about using a website in place of the rental terminal for validation and the guy quoted me $125 for startup and $60 a month!!! Get real. This reminds me of when the phone companies were "leasing" phones and tried to intimidate customers who had unauthorized equipment with scarce tactics. I know some company will drop the terminals and go web based for about the same transaction charge that these companies are currently charging and I will be there!

//Rick

Originally Posted By: away

Rick,

Check this thread, there are alternatives without the terminal.

I just signed up with Cell Charge Merchant $99 to apply and $6.99 per month. No long term contracts. They are really easy and friendly to worth with too.

They seem focused on small and low transaction businesses. The $7 per month is worth it if you don't lose an inspection.

--
Andrew Way
Keystone Residential Inspection Services PLLC
www.keystoneinspections.com

Originally Posted By: bgentry

Quote:

To: bgentry
Posted: Sun, Oct 30th, 2:52 AM
Subject: RBS
RBSLynk dose have a new partnership with NACHI

This may be true Mac. However, the approach taken by the caller was very misleading and the attempt was made to make me believe that everyone in NACHI had to participate. And after I made it clear that I was not interested and would not be switching, she immediately called back.

Perhaps the better approach would be to offer information about this service instead of stating that you will be switching all of NACHI's members to your service due your recent partnership. Very distasteful.

I will grant you, however, that perhaps these calls are being handled by a telemarketing firm contracted by RBSLynk, not the company itself. I am happy that I belong to an organization that creates opportunities for its members by initiating new partnerships on a regular basis, and this service may be a good one for some. But I am satisfied with the way I process CC's and will not change.

--
Bradley S. Gentry
Superior Home Inspection, LLC
Harrisonburg, Charlottesville, &
Elkton, VA
www.superiorllc.net

Originally Posted By: gporter

Everybody wants to sell us something.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

Originally Posted By: rhintze

I actually signed up with RBSLynk in July through a friend who works for them. (Had nothing to do with the recent NACHI agreement.) After shopping around, I went with them due to low fees, no cost to set up payments up through my PC, AND a portion of proceeds go to my local Chamber of Commerce. I don’t know if they’re using a call center to get NACHI business (probably are if you’re getting the usual ‘spin’) …if you are interested, find a local rep and deal with them directly to find out the info. I get 4-6 inspections a month just because I accept VISA and MC (not many others in my area do.) It works for me and easily pays for itself.

Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.