A Few More Gripes

Have you been to look at https://support.homegauge.com/ ?

It has support questions and answers by groups as well.

It’s not even close to the same thing as a real message board with questions and answers posted by actual users. And searchable by the same users, & looking up a problem that has been discussed (and resolved) previously.

I have had plenty of real life help from other HG users over the past 13 years and all that is essentially gone. Especially on weekends or evenings, when inspectors need support.

Like Robert said, I miss the old message board too.

Dom.

It is not essentially gone. You can use your voice here Dom.

The support center https://support.homegauge.com/

This Nachi forum discourages participation. The old format we could see at a glance what is going on through he HG software. Now we have to login here to see it. That may make it easier for you but you have just added another step for us.

Enough said.

What Russell is not understanding is customer experience is an important part of communication. We have lost the interaction, ease of use and flexibility. I have personally help a member or two when HG was not available and they could not wait for HG’s doors to open. That is no longer available. It’s not even close.

Russell, as a mater of fact, I just went to your support page and had to come here because I could not get a question to go through.

I first tried to just ask the question without logging in but the captcha code if very difficult to read. I tried several times with several combinations and even tried getting a new catcha code but still could not get it to go through. I then logged in to HG and tried again. At least then I did not need the captcha code. I retyped my question (which by the way, I had the same issue a while back and was able to find the answer on the message board but now that option is not available!!).

Now, after retyping the information and the question, it says “Required fields are your name, your email address, your question and, when requested, the captcha code.” The page does not show a captcha code and the other information is on the form. I tried several times and it still will not go through.

I think we are taking a step backward from the great customer support we experienced before.

I still did not get the information I wanted but have to get to work. I will have to try some other day. Hopefully I can get it to go through then.

well its a shame you didn’t ask it just now on the last three posts. We can change the captcha code if it becomes too difficult but you can avoid it altogether by going to Support at your dashboard.

I know that Dom (from Fla) Glenford and Robert were our biggest voices all three of you on our old message board. I know that you guys would be disappointed. This message board works and Glenford has predictably started the thread title so we are set. You guys haven’t lost anything.

Our support center has better and more accurate answers to users questions without drama and thread drift, topic changes by users who take the moment to start a whole new gripe in the middle of answering a different question. Without pessimism from some users who land on a topic and doubt everything. All that can happen here. You guys haven’t lost anything.

Many new users are using it, and using the open questions and we are answering them.

https://support.homegauge.com/

We know that support.homegauge.com is not a forum. Most customers did not participate in our forum. We wanted to provide something better than a forum to have great support for the majority of our customers. There are tons of information already in the new support center and we are adding more everyday. Take the time to search and get quick answers to your questions immediately.

https://support.homegauge.com/

If you reread, I also tried after signing in but it would not work then either.

We have answered at least 20 so far today. If you are interested in calling in please do and we will troubleshoot why its not working for you. Meanwhile you can ask your question here or call us. 828-254-2030

It does look like Russel made a business decision in his companies best interest as he should. It is not easier for me to converse with HG users anymore and I am a Nachi member. Most of his replies seem to be on the defensive with most of the user replies I read being against the move to this forum. He could have just not answered messages here or since the forum is free to him he should have left one message “leave questions at the HG forum I cannot answer in two places.” I think the HG forum was dropped for financial reasons. I sense the company might be struggling, just an opinion. He certainly gives up a lot of control by not hosting his own forum. However it is his business and he can run it any way he wants. Even into the ground if that is what happens. I have a love hate relationship with the software and am always looking for better software and better support. Was hopeful ISN would come through but seems like they are most interested in the bigger franchises. For now HG is the best for me even though it has lots of problems especially for multi inspector firms.

Got to be honest…I didn’t participate in the HG forums / message board, much but a lot of valuable info. was gained over the years by “lurking” if you will. I too hated to see it go. I am not sure if I feel that the sky is falling or that the end is near as the previous poster has implied, but I feel that a lot of HG issues may be better suited and handled with at least some subliminal sense of privacy that was had with the old HG message boards.
From a financial standpoint, I cant really imagine the cost to manage the old message board would outweigh the added manpower that will now be required to answer emails and additional phone support that is likely to ensue as many will likely not feel like posting their HG issues here.

There is an alternative. I created a peer to peer HG user group on Facebook. Your welcome to join in. It’s a “closed” group, so only members can see the content. But no whining allowed. :slight_smile:
Look here

Yea Ken, that message board was costing me a fortune (wha???..?) I am not sure what you are talking about with financial issues? We are doing great Ken! The message board was not costing me a dime…it was on my server and it was our own. I spend several thousand dollars a month to store reports for users …(we have 10,000 to 15,0000 reports uploaded every week). I have 12 employees and I also have a profit sharing program for my employees as well. Life is good. I hope yours is as well.

PS You keep saying (at least twice here) that we are missing things for multi inspectors. I have now asked you twice to list them or I am starting to doubt that you actually have as many as you say? We can merge reports (for years) The owner/admin can move appointments from one inspector to another via our cloud service. You can also send your template to all your inspectors with one click. You can control the email notification content to your customers and agents for ALL your inspectors. More too.

Next January we celebrate 15 years in business and we still are kicking ***.