A loaded question

Sorry, I’m late (had to “work” today, do I need to define that word for Joseph?).

The first thing I do is turn on the dishwasher and crank down the thermostat as far down as it will go (that makes it cool off faster, you know!). I also note the setting it was at so I can put it back where I found it.

Am I a Bad Boy Charley?

Now I’ll go back and read the above posts.

no not when I enter the house

Yeah David your Bad to the Bones, I have to check to make sure the outside unit is still there .lol Then i crank it down. Why? because i hate heat

I’m sorry Wayne, I’m bad.

I always walk around the house before I go in.
I guess I take it for granted that I see the unit is out there.

You guys have copper thief’s out there?
I just asked the PE I was working with today if he was having problems with that crap. He said they just loose tools around here.
His place was loaded with stubbed out copper everywhere without a guard dog.

Just slight problem of theft David 5 Units on one street about 2 weeks ago. lol I come home and check mine every night .

I am an old Fat man …You know that charley …I turn that thermostat as low as it can go the second I enter the structure…then i start hitting it with my hammer till it gets cool in there…

First thing I do when I enter a house I’m inspecting in that kind of weather is turn down that thermostat.

Of course, I’ve done the round outside the house and removed the cover (if still in place) prior.

It the unit is a heat pump, I wait till the end of inspection and then turn it on in heat mode and then auxiliary heat…

Keep in mind though that some thermostats stop at 90 and if temperature inside is above 90, you wouldn’t be able to test a heat pump in heat mode or a furnace for that matter.

Run the A/C unit first thing that solves the 90 degree thingy.

Ok lets end this thing some on this BB think that operating a heat pump in the heat mode in hot weather can damage the compressor. Here I have Dave Anderson, Jim Mckee Wayne Wilson and numerous others operating a A/C unit and dumping 90+ degree air across the A-coil for at least 30 minutes or more. What is wrong with them don’t they know they can create damage or is that just a figment of someones imagination I know not how some of these wild stores get started and over time become a fact of life.

There is an old saying almost as old as me that I truly believe. You can convince someone against their will but they are of the same opinion still.

Ran a HP the in the heating mode the other day when it was 98 degrees outside, about 89 inside, sucker was putting out 145 degree air, worked like a champ Charley—:cool:

Geez I can not believe it did not blow up in your face;-):wink:

If the AC unit is not on when it is that warm I will turn it on at the thermostat. How else are you going to know if it is working at all or cooling properly.

You missed the boat the ship has already sailed

:p:p:p:p

Yes. When i walk in the house, I go around clockwise turning on all the lights, (if the thermostat is there I turn the AC on), unlatching all the windows, when I get to the kitchen turn on the appliances, turn on the water, (if the thermostat is there I turn the AC on), continue on turning things on, (if the thermostat is there, I turn the AC on)

That’s absolutely the wrong way to do it. Standards dictate that you go around counter-clockwise. I hope you change your methods!!!

Depends on whether the house number is even or odd. That is what they teach at Willard’s Home Inspector Academy.