A must see! LOL

Okay how about the dudes looking at the heat ducts in the basement…so one wasn’t in front of the window…oh the sky is falling…the electrician says we have a problem with the lights… improper grommets…do we as home inspectors pull lights out of the ceiling nnooo…so buddy change out the grommet and forget about the heat duct.
Wait!!! No my stupified listening audience there are enough signs here that a home inspector should have commented (says Holmes B Boy)…so we don’t have enough for a show so lets rip down the ceiling and fix these terrible issues…but wait we need more air time …lets gut it…really! Too funny!

Wow, you guys are really good and are catching Mike’s mistakes more and more. The producer they send in ahead of time to gather all the defects and put together a list of things for Mike to ONLY focus on would never hire you!

While this list is getting bigger, let me throw in that he concluded there was asbestos in the caulking by looking at it, told the home owners when they got home and proceeded to speak to an expert later during the reno. He THEN utters the catch phrase for the Fake it Right empire…“I didn’t know you could have asbestos in caulking”.

If Mike is the all-knowing all seeing perfect Contractor, how can he reconcile this contradiction?

Why would anyone be surprised at what transpires on Holmes Inspections?

Mr. Holmes was quoted as stating on a radio program sometime ago to me that he was going to rewrite inspection standards, yet his subcontracted inspectors who happen to be members of OAHI, Nachi and CAHPI all do their inspections to industry standards.

It appears that Mr. Holmes has two standards. His own standard and that to which his Holmes inspectors subscribe too.

I am still waiting for a collective response from the associations to cull the Mike Holmes steam roller. Thus far I have been disappointed, lots of talk, no action.

I didn’t see in the video how they came to the conclusion that there is asbestos in the caulking.

Further I must admit that is the first time I have heard of caulking having asbestos in it, nor can I find caulking on any list of abestos containing products.

Ray more fear mongering for all Mikes lost sheep. I too looked for asbestos containing caulking…Zip! I did give him the benefit of doubt for a minute as i said earlier that maybe it could have been high temp caulking ie engine caulk or fireplace caulk but the price difference is about 4 times greater per tube…not meaning that it may or may not have been used …just stupid to use in this application.

Thanks Scott, I did not know that.