A next step

Give the credit to everyone else who volunteers… John, Joe, Gerry, Russ, Blaine, Paul, Deanna (1/2 of her time is volunteered), the Bobs, Will, Lorne, Chris (1/2 his time is volunteered), Krystal (1/4 of her time is volunteered), Bruce, Gary, Roy, Paul, Antonio, Jeff, Keith, Jerry, Russell, Russel, Harvey, all the Chapter heads and helpers… the list goes on and on and on…

I can’t begin to list everyone here but you (and we) all know who you are we are indebted to you. Thank you for making NACHI great for all of us!

Personally, I’ve often wondered how this org stays afloat (not that it’s any of my business, nor have I ever tried to figure it out).

Every time I see Nick, he’s handing out a gift, bennie, promotion, goodie . . .

But that’s only what I have seen; a generous individual, who (to borrow a phrase of Will Decker’s) does his best to raise the NACHI tide, to float all boats.

Russ

AMEN to both!

Wendy,

No one is criticizing Nick. Some of you seem to think it’s the ‘world against Nick’ when we ask him a question. You put on your NACHI armour and sugar coat everything that comes his way.

I think its the way the questions get asked sometimes. There are a number the sh*t stirrers that regularly go out of their way to make disparaging remarks about anything to do with this organization, its leaders, its policies and often the questions come out more as accusations than legitimate concerns. These same individuals get on every thread regardless of the subject matter and drop little turds like a flower girl hoping to start a snit. It old, its wearisome and frankly damned annoying.

Russel,
Why does it bother you so much when someone asks Nick a question that doesn’t pass your test? Rick B. is a well respected home inspector who asks Nick a very simple question and you jump all over him. You do a great job for NACHI and are a nice guy, but this over protection of Nick and NACHI is often overwhelming IMO.

Maybe I’ve missed seeing any positive things Rick has said.

Axe to Grind???

I am responding to Nick’s statement. Are my questions unreasonable? As a Ethics Committee member aren’t you interested how Nick gets compensated for this venture?

Russell - I don’t count my posts but I have posted numerous times on the old board and this one, usually providing advice to members. I think if you checked you would see the bulk of my posts benefit members. I choose not get involved in petty bickering the goes on here.

//Rick

My apologies, Rick.

Actually, I’m about to take a sabbatical from this board, because we seem to have reached another one of those low points that affect my normally clear and detached thinking.

Russ

Nick should be the Executive Director when John Bowman retires. We as a membership group should vote on President, Vice President, etc. - I would like to see a real vote process or simply lets allow appointments to occur.

Nick should take over the helm of NACHI and set the course toward future goals, and as has been done in the past allow the membership the room to assist in navagating the ship.

Again, it is not only my personal opinion but a tally of multiple New York Home Inspectors I have e-mailed agreed with me that Nick is the one they would most desire to oversee the future growth of the organization.

Again, my opinion as a card carrying member of NACHI

I feel like I’ve been here before. It’s deja vu all over again - or should I say deja thread all over again?:wink:

Russel S. my aplogies to you sir.

Your dedication to NACHI is commendable. Keep on rockin’. I think many of us are temporarily brain dead.

Many question to Nick are not to stir the pot like some think. He’s the main man so we ask things - that’s all :wink:

Besides, Nick’s a tough guy who doesn’t need help kicking ***. :cool:

Cheer,

Erol

I think this org is great. I looked at them all but loved this one. The people here are awesome. Nick, John Bowman, Joe F., Greg Bell and Harvey(who was missing for awhile) and Jay S. . If it was not for Russell I would not know what a margarita was. I thought it was a girls name.

Yep, Erol, this whole shebang has a lot of people in angst.
That’s why I kinda backed off for a couple of days!

Russ

I’ve been gone a couple days to refresh the brain too. Hope there was a brain there to refresh. :-s