A posible business partner

Originally Posted By: Robert DiRocco
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello to all. I am located in Delaware County PA and I am entertaining the possibility of adding a business partner to my inspection company. If there is anyone out there who might want to get involved E-Mail me at inspectordirocco@aol.com

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: Chris Morrell

The inspection company that I trained with was run by three home inspectors. They would send two inspectors out to each job, and it worked out great.

I can see it not working, but I just wanted to give an optimistic example to counter Igor's example.

--
Chris Morrell
Director of Information Technology
http://www.nachi.org/

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I’m a big believer in partners. I had several in the inspection business. I have four in my redevelopment corp. I have one at RE/MAX. I have a couple others in other business ventures. I like partners for a lot of reasons: More heads, more hands, comoradory, etc. Here is the rule:

If the venture is making money, partners get along.
If the venture is losing money, partners fight.

All of you NACHI inspectors are (in a way) my partners. And we all get along (sort of).

Nick

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Having a partner can be a wonderful experience. While I am not so optomistic as my partner in crime NICK. It was a great experience working with Nick and Peach. After Peach came another partner with a new company that did not fair so well.

The only good advice I can really think of, is make sure it is someone you are well in tune with, same ideas, same goals, same personalities...and so forth.

Picking the right partner will be more important that the idea of having one.

BTW...having a partner can help you overcome other problems which you would not be able to handle alone. Such as picking up a radon test at another property while the other is starting an inspection down the road.

Just make sure you both understand the rules and make rules for everything no matter how small you think it is, or will become. You will thank yourself latter, trust me.

Joe Myers

I thank you all for your insights. Igor, a second wife…one is enough for me right now!!! I’ve always been known as a workaholic, so my reasons are more for flexibility, time, and maybe ease some of the workaholic out of me. I had a partner when I did my buying, fixing, and renting of homes (before I sold them to start inspecting) so I know it can work. On the other hand I do understand if your not making money the tensions run high. I guess if I could find a good business minded person we would be on the same page.

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!!!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

, which is why I don’t answer my NACHI emails on Thursday until evening. Other 6 days I’m at NACHI day and night.

Nick, thanks for the information that’s a pretty good formula I will consider it. I also want to know how I can start a local chapter of NACHI. I’m in Delaware County PA.

Email me the contact information (email & phone number) you want interested parties to use to contact you and I will post something about it. What city do you want to have your local Chapter in? We normally call it a “city”, “State”, Chapter.

Nick