A STAB-LOK For Jeff

This is the nicest STAB-LOK . panel I’ve seen-only the normal double tapped neutrals to complaIn about.

IMG_0043 (Small).JPG

NOT BAD, EH? Jeff

tg

Ok…I am not Jeff but I will comment…Probably the cleanest one I have seen inside also…and I replace ALOT of them…

See this is a good example of if you refer it to an electrical contractor…I come out…it looks fairly neat…I am going to say the client…

A.) Give them the VERGABE about FPE and Stabloks…yada…yada…yada…and then tell them it will cost them $ 1,500.00 for a service change…OR…

B.) I am gonna tell them about the possible issues with the FPE and to keep any eye on it, also I might suggest they upgrade some breakers in the future to the newer ones tested under Challenger…BUT

Overall…even as an electrician I have a hard time telling a homeowner they need a new panel just because it is a FPE…If it looks neat, no signs of arcing or heat buildup…I may simply tell them to monitor it and fill those missing breaker holes in the panel cover…if their are any…

Oh yeah…since you will suggest they get the double taps fixed…have the electrical contractor run a thermal over the breakers…with some of the stabs I have delt with…if they are arcing behind the breaker the temps will show on the breaker itself…

Ok…sorry…I was not jeff…I am sure he will be here shortly…:slight_smile:

Paul, you took the words out of my mouth. I also said “if you hear Buzzing”
tg

Great analysis, Paul!

Educate, explain and give options. Let the client decide.

“All Stab-Locs are not created (or installed!!!) equal.”

Attributed to me. Copyright Pending.

lol…I like that line…I may STEAL it…:)…Sue Me !

Purdy. . .

But it’s still a Stab-lok. . .