About the Florida and SUNachi Inspectors category

This is a place for Florida InterNACHI inspectors to discuss Florida home inspection topics, wind mitigation inspections and 4-point inspections. Become a home inspector in Florida

1 Like

Hi, this is Peter Martin. I’m a brand new inspector in Pensacola.
Hopefully, “the only stupid question is the one that wasn’t asked”! So, here goes… I have a job Friday to do my first wind mit and 4-point. I see that the customer has to sign the wind mitigation form. Is it customary to scan the completed form and email it to the customer along with the pictures, or do I need to give them a hard copy?
Any other tips you are willing to share will be appreciated! Thanks!

Peter, you can simply sign your report and email it over to the client. I have a digital version of my signature that’s dropped on the signature line. They will send over to their agent and the agent will take care of having them sign it. I’ve only given one hard copy and that was to a guy who was talking smack on the phone so I wanted to see him face to face! Funny, he was completely different then. Stay safe bud.

Thank you very much, Robert!

Hey Peter, the #1 issue expressed to me from insurance agents has been the customers signature. And although this is not our job make sure the client signs these documents, you need to decide how much you want to help with this. I chose to modify my emails and texts that go out when publishing reports to remind the client in BOLD writing to sign before sending to their provider. And if they’re present at the time of inspection, they can sign the wind mit from my phone. I’m in Milton, so feel free to reach out.