Address for payment/business address

Originally Posted By: arosenbaum
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

My business is registered under a sole proprietor and I live with a few roommates, but will be moving soon to my own house within 6 months. I have a PO Box and for my current business and “tax purposes” address, I have my parent’s house (sounds like I still live off mommy and daddy, but I don’t… just pick up my mail there icon_biggrin.gif) Should I have my PO Box number down for my address on business cards, etc., or just put down my parents address?

Any help would be appreciated.....

Originally Posted By: chorne

Aaron,

I would use the address where you primarily do your business.

Carla

My business is usually done on the road icon_biggrin.gif

I was looking at a friend's window replacement invoice and the insurance address where the glass company billed to was a PO Box, also.

Thanks for the input icon_biggrin.gif

I might go with the PO Box.... just because when and if I send out reports, I can check the PO Box the same time...but then again, might use my address where I get most of my mail (parent's house)

Originally Posted By: nelliot

I use a PO box with a street address and here is why: when I was in training we were told a story of a HI that had an angry seller show up at the door. icon_eek.gif Being from Tucson I know things can be a little different from other places. I have a family that is more important to me than anything this world has to offer so I cringe at the thought that some p’od knucklehead might show up on my doorstep. If possible get a box at a mailboxes etc. type place they besides a street address they will accept delivery of fed ex ups and other shippers. Just in case you have an out of town client that is sending payment (certified mail) I suppose the USPS will hold cert. mail.

Good Luck icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the help icon_smile.gif

Sounds like a good idea why to have a PO Box. I already paid 6 months at the post office for a PO Box, so I'll just stick with the post office one icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again

Originally Posted By: dbowers

A Post Office Box can give your business stability. One of my friends got divorced a year ago and has moved 3 times since then. From wife to apartment, to newly found girlfriends, to another apartment, to his own house. Can you imagine the nightmare trying to keep changing this on your business cards, letterhead, reports, etc - let alone the state or government.

Dan Bowers