Advanced Thermal Imaging offers infrared business opportunity for $6,500.

I like the 80 degree “overloaded” electrical circuit!
and, how they will reduce liability in scan evaluation???

“IR for dummies!” ?
IR is hard enough for smarties!

That’s why I use a moisture meter.
Haven’t you been listening? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Good catch.

Yes Just ragging you But I did like Leonard’s Post very good info

David that breaker is the reason I made my post in the other thread Misc they did not even have the spot on the hottest part of the breaker.

I can’t believe he(Nick) endorsed this. And I’m not bad mouthing this IR company for my benefit, they are in GA and I’m in PA. I just know IR and this one smells fishy.-Len

IMO Nick just wants to see how smart his members are!!! It’s his job to give us the info it’s up to us to determine what we need or want!

I don’t get it?? Why would I pay this company 650.00 a month. I already make 1,500.00 a month from ITI services.

Seems like a big scam!!!

Kevin

Nick is not “endorsing”, it, just putting it out there.

If it works and helps, fine. If it does not, the poster will see and (hopefully) improve.

BTW: did you notice the presentation was over a curtain. They never opened the curtain.

“Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!”

• Wizard of Oz.

All great posts and rebuttals! I was amused also at the “overloaded” fuse. They are marketing a totally different camera than the BCAM that took those images. The first one of the house in rainbow color is copyrighted by another company. Who knows, maybe the images aren’t theirs at all?? Whatever…Anyway, yes John (McKenna), the moisture meter is a great tool, BUT, here’s where it’ll let you down and give you a false positive. O.K., older home, top of a near corner stud bay looks like cold spot/moisture. It’s 10am, outside temp is 54F, inside is 67F, last rainfall was 3 days ago. Pull out the MM and it’s chirping like a bird. Is it moisture? Is it from water intrusion? The answer is it could be, but a lot of times its insulation sag or poorly placed insulation that predisposes the drywall to temperature swings. [FONT=Verdana]In some areas, moisture meter readings are positive, which doesn’t necessarily mean that there is a water intrusion problem. By this, I mean that an area that is void of insulation is more subject to temperature changes and prone to condensation, thus providing a cold spot on IR, and positive moisture meter readings from the condensation that hasn’t dried yet. If you see a true cold spot, 80-90% of the time it will render a positive MM read. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]This is why you must contain the folowing disclaimers in your reports:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana](if you need to copy this for your reports, you are welcome to it)[/FONT]
[FONT=‘Arial’,‘sans-serif’]*The portion of the inspection with regards to IR imaging is intended as non-destructive diagnostic tool which can identify hidden problems but does not guarantee 100% accuracy. The true extent of a problem or damage can only be confirmed by disassembly or destruction of that portion of the building. Any findings suggesting possible water intrusion or moisture are checked with a moisture meter and unless documented, did not provide conclusive findings. The specific moisture meter is a non-invasive type which detects to depths of ¾”. An LCD readout provides a number reference to relative humidity/moisture levels, and a color bar denotes levels in addition to an audible tone for higher readings. Areas tested that do not provide high readings suggest only that up to the depth of ¾”, the area is relatively dry, but the structures underlying could be wet, especially in areas of known moisture. All findings reported were what was accessible,visible, and present on the date of inspection. *
BTW, I didn’t write to Nick, I know he’s just tryin to help in these tough times. (at least he provides all the possible outlets he can for us.)
-Len
[/FONT]

sorry about all those weird characters and fonts and stuff, I cut and pasted the disclaimer from my report template.

Thank you all for your input, comments, information and ideas. We will be back with you soon.

Also, thank you Nick for the opportunity to post this on our message board.

Randy

Kevin,
Would you kindly expound on your relationship/business with ITI services. Sounds interesting.

Thanks!

Gary

Call me tomorrow…I will be in my office all day writing reports.

301-942-4610

Kevin