Advertising?

Well said Joe. I like Roy’s idea also. the more you can do yourself the better. Just make sure it doesn’t end costing you more to do it yourself than what someone will charge you. Like flyers, or mailings for example. If it will cost Josh $75.00 for ink paper and postsage and Johnny will do the work including cost for $50.00, let Johnny do it. I guess what I’m saying is don’t try to take on everything. Do what you can, but know when you neeed someone else to do a particular job.

Nicely said, I can’t wait to get some of my marketing ideas out there, but with this new legistlation trying to go through it’s gonna be that much longer before I start, so might be time to move to another state

I agree 100% on the yellowpages phone book. First thing I do to when I need something is visit Google. Question though. Anyone have luck with Yellowbook.com or Yellowpages.com?

You were not paying attention to Doug’s post, Adam.

But…since you are dead set on throwing money into advertising…this is the proper way.

Choose a demographic that you feel are going to require your services…age, sex, marital status, annual income, and education level. This figure is different for almost every area in the country and explains why doing X in Montana does not work as well in New York, etc.

Purchase the reports that show what media is most likely to reach that demographic.

Prepare a mixed advertising campaign that will reach your target at least four to six times per day.

Then…understanding that no one driving a car listening to the radio, or at home watching their favorite television show … are going to turn off the car/TV and call you right away, you need to provide them with another means to respond.

A well timed newspaper ad or mailing piece…sent at the same time as your electronic media campaign…will provide them with the means of contacting you, having recognized the ad from another media.

The cost of this varies in different areas, but expect to spend about $9,500 to $12,000 for two weeks of advertising.

Your other alternative is to read Doug’s post.

My vote: None of the above.