Agent asks what this is!

I inspected this home some time back, and the agent who is still trying to sell it asked me what the item is in these photos. I happened to take good property photos so I had them. I saw it as a septic tank and now second guessing. It has a lid with a dismantled alarm and when standing on the mound facing the house, the clean out is straight ahead. I’m still almost sure it’s a septic. The issue is that most septic tanks are flat to the ground and your lucky to find them. This one is in the center of a mound. A raised area in the back yard. Is there anything wrong with it Bering raised? And in the alarm box the cover is missing and has cabeling in it. What are your thought please and thank you.

If it’s a septic alarm location, there is likely a lift station present, indicating it doesn’t use gravity to move the effluent to the leaching field. The photo only shows a mess of wires, possibly to the submerged ejector pump, but no alarm is visible.

Recommend to your agent that she contact s septic contractor to confirm.

I agree with that too.

Why is a graded on a mound like that? I honestly think that that is what is most alarming to them

Maybe they didn’t bury the tanks deep enough?..if it if a tank under there. :smile:

In my area if you have clay then you will need a raised field bed for proper drainage.

I have no idea based on the pics or actual experience but was in an environmental science competition in HS. We had to set building plans including septic system, due to the sandy area of the competition location we decided to go with a sand mound filtration system. images

Pass it on as suggested!

Most likely a lift station to a septic. The elevation of the plumbing will dictate where it exits the building. Slabs are higher than basements with floor drains obviously. Even an ejector pit in a house with a basement and septic may still have the discharge of the sewer lower than normal. Septic tanks need to be high for proper evaporation. Hence lift station. Pull that clean out cap off and see how deep that sucker is.

Yes, I’d guess it’s a mound system, too: https://www.epa.gov/septic/types-septic-systems#mound