AKA Sub-panel bonded together

This secondary distribution panel has the bonding strap connected to both bus bars and guess what the panel was inspected and approved by the City Inspector on this 2008 built home. I will usually see were the electrician will cut the bonding strap into with this type Eaton panel when its a secondary panel.DSCN0730 DSCN0733 DSCN0743 DSCN0742 DSCN0747

Inspection sticker is for the rough-in but I would guess that they never checked the panel on the final. This panel is in the same structure as the service?

Same building (attached garage), yep it didn’t really make a lot of sense, because the main service panel in the basement was only half full ??

1 Like

Good eyes, Sam! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

same looking here

Nice catch, Sam.

I agree great catch on this one. :sunglasses:

This is why buyers of new construction need a Home Inspection. I ran across one just like this on a home a few months ago. home was only about 2 years old. I don’t know how thorough the Code Inspectors are in your neck of the woods are, but here they are in and out on each inspection in about 15 minutes and they Don’t open the panel on the Final, only the rough in. Good catch!

Building Inspector - ahh "I know this contractor " “Let’s give it a once over” “Now, where can I go for lunch?”

What county was this? Do you have a picture of the final sticker on the meter can? Get back to me please? I’ll take care of it. get me the address.

Good job by the way.

We are required to check every plug and breaker, and every inch of the panel. I don’t recognize that signature. what part of Tennessee is that? East, Middle, or West?