All 20 amp breakers

Sorry Robert My mind is tired , Thanks for bearing with me … Roy

Trying to Follow our Federal election and this Forum is not a smart thing to do .

No problem. Your one-liner was pretty funny. :cool:

Robert I apologize for my statement, I was actually thinking incorrectly while typing, thinking along the lines of the difference 120v vs 240v sorry. But I was just curious mostly about his pictures, thanks fro your response.

No need to apologize. We’re all here to share ideas and maybe even learn a thing or two. :cool:

I’m not sure I understand what it is you’re looking for or asking.
I have most of my IR scans on another computer/server. I don’t really take pictures of hot wires inside the wall, though I do have some somewhere. I usually try for a more direct temperature measurement by removing an electrical component on the circuit as the direct temperature of the conductors are more important than sheet rock wall temperature.

The circuit that this outlet was on had a voltage drop. This was the hottest outlet on the circuit and was the source of resistance on the circuit.

The voltage drop occurs downstream of this outlet, not upstream.
We see this temperature rise with the thermal camera due to conduction of heat energy down the electrical wire. It is not necessarily because there is an increase in current through the conductor.

If you have a very high resistance load on the circuit which is at close to full capacity, you may see upstream conductors warmer than downstream because the current passing through the upstream conductor is equal to the load on the circuit plus the high resistance loss occurring on the circuit.

It is unlikely you will see this with most thermal cameras.
You can see that the upper wires on this plug are warmer than the lower wires, but this is more likely due to convection within the electrical box.

So good to see Marc Shunk posting here again. I have always enjoyed his informative and specific statements regarding electrical issues.