All Utilities Shut Off

Same here Will.

I recently inspected a foreclosure that was supposed to have the utilities on. When we got there my client gave me the signed inspection agreement and the check. I told him we could do a visual inspection and schedule a re-inspect when utilities were turned on. In less than an hour we found so many roof and structure issues my client(s) said lets stop here, we need to find another house. They were very happy that I helped them dodge a money pit and assured me they would call me again as soon as they found another house. All this with no utilities on;-)

I find out, when I am first contacted, if the utilities are on. I tell the dlient that if they are not or there is any question that they may/may not be it is their responsibility to ensure that they are on when I arrive for the inspection. This involves them contacting their realtor who may have to contact the listing realtor who may nave to contact the seller to ensure that they are on. This may also involve the buyer receiving written permission from the seller to activate the utilities in their name for a period of 1-2 days. I notify them that if they need to re-schedule to allow time for this to notify me and I will work with them, otherwise I will be there at the planned date/time The inspection will be limited to the extent of the involved utilities if they are not on, but I will perform my inspection to the best of my abilities. This includes pressure checking the water supply with compressed air (for an additional fee) to verify their integrity.

If they want me to come back aftr the utillities are on, an additional fee will apply, but I will go back to evaluate the conditions that I could not inspect the first trip.