Almost fell through

The area where the felt paper is showing you could put your foot through it.

Flashing was nothing to write home about…:shock:

Far too often I see home inspectors climb on a roof prior to looking at the attic space - particularly for the condition of the structural framing, etc. I know because of a close call. It happen to rain one day, so I started inside and reviewed the interior and attic. Much to my surprise - I changed my outlook and approach to how I inspect after realizing - what we often taken for granted!

I hear you Claude, this building is a flat roof system with sheetrock ceilings, no attic space, or drop panels.

About $100,000 in repairs needed.

Dale;

How in Gods name can work like that pass through Local and State controled work codes? This is unreal. How old was this building and was it a Commercial establishment?

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marcel,

The building was about 25 years old, a retail store. Buildings with built-up roofing and foam do not receive the care necessary for longevity here.

The owner said the roof should be fine before I went up there “I just had it foamed nine years ago”…](*,)

Dale, is that another definition of disposable buildings? This one is. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The termites were disposing of it, there was 2-3 foot trails hanging from the ceilings.

Float like a butterfly sting like a bee! Mr. Dale Duffy!:mrgreen:

Gotta be lite on your feet?

I think then the termites regrouped after this building was built and decided that if Man dose not care how it is built, we will take care of the demolishing ourselves. Let’s fall in line, and start your engines guys, and go to work. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Dale, termites are not a big problem in this part of Colorado so I’m not very familiar with them. That thing in the picture hanging from the ceiling is from termites?
-Kent

Kenton,

It took them a while to get there, and sometimes get lost going back…:cool:

Hope these little hungry critters of yours never find Central Maine.

Marcel

I knew I had a reason to stay in Maine. ha. ha. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The Termites were this guys best customer…:smiley:

Dale; I am really hopeing that your incinuating the wood and not the fiberglass insullation. ha. I hope.!!

Marcel

P.S. Must be that yellow hard wood auroma right. ??:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: