Almost grabbed it...

I am a root cause guy Paul. Since the root cause is the defective cord, I would promote removing the defective cord, immediately. Let the Sparky’s tout the benefit of installing AFCI’s:) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

lol…thats why we love ya Man…Help us make a living…:slight_smile:

Jeff, I didn’t write exactly what I meant. Of course the AFCI is to protect occupants, I was simply trying to point out the difference between a afci and a gfci. afci primarily protects people from fire and a gfci protects people from electrocution or electric shock.
Hey Paul, don’t get so defensive dude! Nothing wrong with teaching about afci’s. I was just staying on topic with the thread and I don’t think we should ever pass up a chance to reiterate theory as it applies to safety. That is a message that needs to be taught over and over. The main thing I get from most inspectors is that they’re unsure of electrical theory as it applies to their inspection and their safety.

I usually don’t. However, I wasn’t able to access many receptacles in this home. I wanted to go the extra mile and test this one–unplugging a lamp isn’t the same as unplugging grandma in the iron lung.

I will occasionally unplug a can opener, night light, or other such devices to test a receptacle (especially ones that require GFCIs).

I just did a reinspection and went to check for missing grounds that were “repaired”. I had to unplug some stereo equip. to check one and now it had a hot and neutral reversal.

Nothing like having a qualified professinal do the work.:roll:

“Hey Paul, don’t get so defensive dude!”

lol…Man I am not defensive…lol…just an Educational Moment and I love those moments…:slight_smile:

Those that MET me in OHIO know I am not defensive…lol

Well,…are you offensive, then? :mrgreen:

hmmm…depends on how late I stay in the bar when doing Seminars…I might then get offensive…nothing a VelaMint can’t fix.

LOL…you’re a good sport, Paul. :smiley:

I also thought that Paul was a defensive and offensive person until we met face to face in OHIO, and it was the best thing for me at least!

He really is a good person.

With Will Decker and this writer in the audience he was sure to be on the right track.

I also found out that he is a family man, and even has a picture of his son on his screen.

I think that after people who are at odds with each other here, because of words and the lack of eye contact, will benefit by a meeting, just for me I have a lot of trips to make and do the same as I did so that I could meet the
Paul we know so well!

Glad to be on your side! :slight_smile:

Grandpa Joe?

Thanks Joe…it too was eye opening for me as well and thank you for the kind words.

Yes, family is very important to me.

Joe I think I for one as well came away from our meeting with a different outlook…sometimes online is not the same as meeting someone in person and understanding who they really are and what makes them tick.

I am so glad you came and I hope we will meet again and do the thing we LOVE to do…Mess with DA VOLTAGE…:slight_smile:

P.S…Any of those images from the bar floating around…I would LOVE to see some of them…lol