American Warrior Initiative

Hi fellow inspectors. I just wanted to share a great experience I recently had. I sponsored an event called American Warrior Initiative last week here in Austin, TX. It was a CE class for agents to learn about serving veteran families. I have to say, this was one of the most heartfelt events I have ever been a part of. As a Marine Corps veteran, it hit close to home. The instructor, Louise Thaxton, schooled the agents on the importance of treating veteran families with the respect and care that they deserve as well as how to handle VA transactions. But the most touching of it all, mother of fallen Navy Seal, Karen Vaughn shared her story. And to top it all off Sean Parnell, decorated combat veteran and author, took us back to his initial experience in combat in Afghanistan. There wasn’t a dry eye in the place, myself included. The point of the event was to raise money for a local veteran family in need. This family is suffering greatly from enormous medical bills. With over 100 agents in attendance, we were able to raise $8000 for the family! It was a proud moment to present them with the check. We all wished we could do more for them. That is why I’m posting this. To share with you all in hopes that more can be done. Please check out this organization and follow your heart. Thanks for listening!

https://www.americanwarriorinitiative.com/