And another thing

Originally Posted By: jmyers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Since I am in a venting mood tonight…

All those friggin posts which have been deleted are really starting to get on my friggin nerves. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jpope

deleted

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: tallen

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Jeff,

With all the deleted posts, this place is starting to look like ASHILAND. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Thanks for bringing this up Joe M.

I have probably been the biggest deleter here. I didn't feel comfortable deleting my post, but I did. In one instance my post (SC Questions) was taken so far out of context that I personally did not feel comfortable leaving my post in that section. I regret deleting them. In another, I was asked by the original question poster to delete them. I just obliged him.

My promise: I will not delete any postings in the future.

Sorry, and you are right.

Originally Posted By: psisler

Joseph,

I agree whole heartedly with you on certain posts being deleted. I do, however, believe that we should move certain items to the members only section so we can hash out certain things. I have read many a post that has got off subject and should be taken care of one on one. Yet, you have my vote Joe.

Patrick

Patrick,

I was not condoning the idea, nor the practice of deleting posts. To the contrary, I don't believe any posts should be deleted. If I wanted to join a bunch of guys that you don't know what they said, I would join ASHI.

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

If you do not delete some of the comments that you do not want the whole world to see, they will be on the internet forever.

I have found some on Google doing a word search.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: rray

I only delete things when they need deleting. Not everything that is deleted needed to be deleted. Yes, some things that have been deleted needed to be deleted, but, then again, some things that were deleted did not need to be deleted. However, deleting is the privilege of the person doing the deleting. In other words, for example, he can delete everything (Igor?) if he decides to delete his membership and doesn’t want his words staying around. That would be a good case for deleting. There’s nothing wrong with deleting per s? because only the person doing the deleting knows why he is deleting something that he is deleting, or has deleted. I don’t presume to know the circumstances behind him deleting something that he is deleting, or has deleted, so I have to defer to the person doing the deleting and presume that he knows why he is deleting what he is deleting, or has deleted.

Should I delete this?

--
Home inspections. . . .
One home at a time.

Russel,

You can say so much, yet so little. No wonder you are one of the few notorious deleters. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: rray

I’m notorious icon_question.gif Finally I’ve been banging my head all my life to reach that goal. Previously, only my bartender thought I was notorious.

Home inspections. . . .

One home at a time.