And yet another new article.

Hi Will ,if that was directed at me I’m sure we could both go on and on with recommendations starting with automatic door closers,open dumpsters covers when already full sitting around,lack of proper emergency lighting,unlocked utility rooms,detectors over 8 years old,etc.

Hard to fix stupid and we certainly could come up with full AFCI recommendations on most branch circuits,elimination of dryers using lint buckets ,regular vent cleaning,etc and on and on.

Right now we are in a period where many buildings are not making their 65-75% occupancy and reserve funds may be low so it is easy for us on the outside to to say (just spend the money stupid).

My personal experience is many are related to electrical and furniture fires.

It is an old city and high rise fires may be less common than they used to be however they will always be with us and of course sprinklers are the best bet so once the oldest buildings come down the new will be safer and their should be less fatalities.

May be a good idea to point out safety systems and detectors in common areas and my condo template usually notates what is observed.

The smaller buildings do not always have emergency lighting but this is based on what the Insurance companies decide from what I understand.

The smaller buildings are often a disaster waiting to happen especially when you see open junction boxes everywhere with hanging live conductors and stoves being used for heat.

Thanks, Bob. I will incorporate these into the article, probably tomorrow.

I had a client that worked for ABT , he said, and I quote, that is the (anti tip bracket) that hit’s the garbage can.

Those guys get paid by the week at ABT but they are under time pressure.
When I worked for Sears it was by the job and the goal is to get in and out.

Just like most jobs that are sub-contractor in nature with few benefits thanks to no representation and corporate greed safety is simply last on the list of importance.

There is no reward for high quality.
High quality workers,parts.systems,etc, get replaced by those that work cheap and fast.

N.P considering the windfall of Split Block information you have posted.

Will, for SEO purposes, make sure you post your articles here: www.nachi.org/blog
and include a live link to your inspection business website.