And you guys think I am cheap.

I have not done any reasearch on this but here is the link.

I just found a ad while checking prices.

Check them out and let me know what you all think.

Call them and ask them questions.

http://www.costoflivingsolutions.com/index.html

Like I said a long time ago. $19.99 wind mits are right around the corner.

I don’t think we have to worry about these guys.

I now did a little research. They are selling shutters.

I do not think they will continue advertising like this for long.

I believe they will piss off a lot of folks then maybe the ones they pissed off will head my way.

Yep Mike we called and checked the web site out, they are shutter salesmen they won’t do this for long ! It was just too good to be true! :wink:

They have been around since 2005.

Florida Profit Corporation STORMWISE SOUTH FLORIDA INC
Filing Information Document NumberP05000162457
FEI/EIN Number204037493
Date Filed12/13/2005
StateFL
StatusACTIVE
Effective Date01/01/2006
Principal Address
13015 NW 45 AVENUE
OPALOCKA FL 33054
Changed 04/05/2007
Mailing Address
13015 NW 45 AVENUE
OPALOCKA FL 33054
Changed 04/05/2007
Registered Agent Name & Address
DIAZ, CAMILO OWNER
13015 NW 45 AVENUE
OPALOCKA FL 33054
Name Changed: 04/05/2007
Address Changed: 04/05/2007
Officer/Director Detail Name & Address Title P DIAZ, CAMILO P
13015 NW 45 AVENUE
OPALOCKA FL 33054
Annual Reports Report
YearFiled Date
200803/13/2008
200901/16/2009
201001/12/2010
Just a marketing tool. I know of one company that is offering free wind mits, if you allow them to perform any work on your home.

Yes, Mike, professional inspectors still think you are cheap.:stuck_out_tongue:

Oh no, what ever will I do. :roll:

Raise your prices…

Great idea then I’ll have no business at all.

I already never get the Standard home inspections because of my prices.

Maybe I should just quit working and go on welfare or something easy like that.
NOT!

Gentlemen

If everyone would charge similar prices in the same areas, then we would not be having this conversation. The problem is that the world is shopping prices. Look at high end items, they are the same price no matter where the person purchases them. it should be the same for inspections.

If you provide specialty services like infrared, then there are supplemental charges for those, but if inspectors reduce their prices to ridiculously low areas, we are all going to get very thin because there will be no money to make.

"If everyone would charge similar prices in the same areas"

Not that I really care, but whatever happened to free enterprise. The market is driven by value, and that is how inspections should be priced. I am not the cheapest in my area, and yet I am constantly booked.

Also, if everyone charged similar prices, you could be sued for collusion or price fixing.

You can’t be charged for price fixing or collusion simply for charging the same prices, unless collusion and price fixing took place. But i think I know what you were refering too, so nevermind.

I was not looking to raise hell with this thread. I just wanted everyone to be aware of what is happening and where prices are headed with the Wind Mits.

If you do not have the agents in your pocket demanding their customers use you then it will likely be the guy with the lowest price who gets the work.

THESE ARE NOT LIKE A HOME INSPECTION YOU CANNOT SAY YOU ARE THE BEST AT DOING THEM- nO ONE GIVES A CRAP UNLESS YOU HAVE THE BEST PRICES. YOU ARE ONLY SUPPOSED TO REPORT FACTS AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ON THE FORM- THATS IT PERIOD…

Good luck to you all.

Matter of fact. Most of the time the stupid dumb a-s inspectors are the ones the homeowners and agents would prefer because the give answers that get credits and lower premiums.

The only ones that want accuracy are the underwriters and most of them do not have a clue.

wonder what they charge for 4 points. maybe we can sub use them for the company Michelle posted and charge the client $200, you think???

there is some guy out there and I believe he is Nachi doing 4 points for $50. I thought about contacting him and subing those out.
I hate 4 points.