Ann Coulter Article

And if he had actually claimed he DID invent the Internet, you might have a point. Alas, another out of context distortion by our friends on the Right.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Actually, this is another myth. Big oil was against the Iraq war (war is bad for business). Oil is a commodity.

Here is an example:

The U.S. and Britian pay the same amount for a barrel of crude oil (world spot market).

In the U.S., a gallon of gasoline costs about $2.48 at the pump.

In Britian, a gallon of gasoline costs about $4.38 at the pump.

The difference is government imposed taxes. These taxes are (mainly) imposed by the political influance of the Greens (the environmental wackos).

Wanna pay that much here? :wink:

Of course we all know that the Left is the party of sweetness and light and NEVER EVER takes statements by those on the other side of the aisle out of context. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

So I guess that means that rather than just take at face value any blather that’s spouted by the talking heads on either side, a person should actually take the time to do even a modest amount of research prior to coming to a conclusion.

That’s good advice Jeffrey. That’s what I do. How about you?

Nah, I just say that. I believe everything I read. :wink:

Bingo!

Pretty much required in a democracy :mrgreen: .

As Jeffferson stated, a well informed public is vital to self government.

Unfortunately, most people just consume the pablum offered by the entertainment news industry. They are better informed about the doings of Paris Hilton and Brittney Spears than in the real issues.

So sad but so true. I really wish they didn’t vote as they now idea what or who they are voting for.

Speaking of Ann Coulter and missionary position, Fox Noise commented that Bush’s favorite position is with Laura on top. Makes sense since Bush can only F***k up.

Your own link confirms that Gore did indeed say the
words “invent the internet”. They even said it was
clumsy and self serving, when quoting the same thing
I said.

The the article trys to do damage repair and offer
plausable denial of what he really meant by it.

The joke is, HE REALLY SAID IT. It is one of the most
famous bloopers ever heard. As the article says,
it was clumsy and self serving… that is what shines
through as funny.

My comment was humor based on Gores blooper.
I still think the “QUOTE” is funny.

I know if given the chance, he would say something
different, but nobody can say it like Gore.

Hey, listen to Bush’s bloopers… all politicians can be
funny at times.

Yep…like that funny blooper of Harry Truman’s who later, in his memoirs, explained he had called the Pentagon and actually said “Stop the atomic bomb.” Geez, what a misunderstanding. Oh, well…:roll:

“I took the initiative in creating the internet” is not the same as “I invented the internet”. Not now. Not when he said it.

“He is indeed due some thanks and consideration for his early contributions.” - Vint Cerf 2005

In case you don’t know who Vint Cerf is:

As are many many others. But Gore is a politician and considered fair game by the late night comedians and their writers. I don’t like when Dave Lettermen does his “famous presidential quotes” bit but I don’t get worked up over it.:slight_smile:

“I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much…”
-Ann Coulter, comments on the Jersey Girls

“Max Cleland should stop allowing Democrats to portray him as a war hero who lost his limbs taking enemy fire on the battlefields of Vietnam,” she writes, claiming that he “lost three limbs in an accident during a routine non-combat mission where he was about to drink beer with friends. He saw a grenade on the ground and picked it up. He could have done that at Fort Dix. In fact, Cleland could have dropped a grenade on his foot as a National Guardsman. … Luckily for Cleland’s political career and current pomposity about Bush, he happened to do it while in Vietnam.”
-Ann Coulter, comments about a veteran who lost
three limbs in a non-combat accident trying
to disable an armed grenade, just four days after
the combat events that won him a Silver Star for
valor in the face of the enemy

“I think women should be armed but should not be allowed to vote. No, they all have to give up their vote, not just, you know, the lady clapping and me. The problem with women voting – and your Communists will back me up on this – is that, you know, women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it. And when they take these polls, it’s always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care.”
-Ann Coulter on the role of women in society

“We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity…”
-Ann Coulter on religion, specifically Islam

**Oh, yeah. I’m gonna hang on her every word regarding global warming and CO2 emissions. Jeff W. was right-on: if you have a hankering for anorexic women whose bodies more closely resemble that of an underfed, recently post-pubsecent young boy, then its…lights out, missionary only (with ME on top), you will refer to me as “Oh God,” and by the way…when we’re done, you stay in the twin-sized bed with the wet spot, I’ll go back to my own nice, dry twin! :mrgreen: **

Thanks for the setup Chris. Please take this in the spirit it is intended.:slight_smile:

http://www.theright-side.org/images/ours.jpg

http://www.theright-side.org/images/theirs.jpg

It’s funny 6 out of the nine of YOURS are blondes with Bo Derelict leading the way now that’s impressive.

LOL!!! ROFL!! Finally, a controversial post wherein we actually don’t (much) bash each other!!

In reality, brothers and sisters, Ms. Coulter is very adept at the art of button pushing and self promotion. Be veeewwwy careful if you are considering taking her seriously. She’s a pundit, and does what pundits do.

And Al Gore is a stinking fibber…I actually invented the internet back in my college days while smoking…uhhh, I mean drinking…some Bud. Quite an accomplishment, really, considering that was back in the day when the Comodore 64 was the hottest thing on the market. But I never wanted any credit for it…not then, not now…so please, don’t tell anyone, ok?

Sounds like some of the folks around here.:wink:

Sorry, my mistake.
Gore did say he “created” the internet, not “invented” the internet.

From now on, I will use the word “create” and most will still hear
the same blooper.

I’m still laughing, and so are million of people who read it, now and back
then. Instead of rolling with the punches, and seeing the blooper, you
are wanting to paint Gore as a hero.

I’m sorry, but it is beyond my ability to take the guy seriously. If you
admire him, then that’s OK with me. I have no bones about that.

Jimmy,
I know, you do not want credit… you keep asking for cash… and I will not tell anyone… Hey Everyone Jimmy does not want cash! or credit.
Jimmmyyyy… lesh have anover driiiink!:stuck_out_tongue: