Announcement of Vendor Section on the Message Board

I agree.

Do you understand how it happened and who is responsible?

I think you will find (John & Michelle) that this type of “behavior” has been going on for quite some time - not just lately. It all depends on which members, forums, topics and threads you choose to follow.

If I’m following a particular thread, I will usually just go away once certain members have joined the thread. There are a few names that will pop up and cause the thread to turn into a cesspool. That’s when I tune it out.

There’s not much that any individual can do to affect change in the content of this board, so it comes down to a simple concept - I am only responsible for my own behavior and I can choose whether to participate or not. Those who choose to participate are just as responsible as those who continuously foul the water.

Just my opinion…

It is irrelevant who started it and how long it has been going on. If you like someone or are disgusted by someone there are still things one should not do. Even in war there are rules. Certain lines have been crossed lately and it is outright appalling. Every member here should be angered by these actions and lack of reaction, it makes us all less civilized human beings.

Contacting authorities because you do not like someone is about as low as you could get… I thought. Now, picking on someone who may have or is suffering with a disease by taunting them with it is simply inhumane. Is everyone just looking how low this can go?

Guilty. Working on it :slight_smile:

That’s right.

The rules were broken.

The offender was found guilty of COE violations by the appropriate authority.

And their sanctions were then ignored by the Nick, supposedly for the good of the members but he hasn’t bothered to explain how in any detail.

No matter which side of the issue you find yourself on you should be concerned.

How so? This is nothing new, it’s been going on for years. I resigned from the ESOP committee 6 or 7 years ago for this exact thing.

It comes down to weighing your perception of this organization against the reality of “what” it is. The more you think it’s “something else,” the more disappointed you become as you realize the truth.

In the end it comes down to one man who is in complete control. This org and everything about it is a direct reflection of what he wants it to be. He has the ultimate power to make any change at any time, and we as members have no say whatsoever.

I understand Jeff but when obvious COE violations were found it’s a shame that the owner rejects the findings of those who had to decide and then does not explain his reasoning.

They wasted their time.

It smells plain and simple.

It smells, I agree, but it is what it is. As soon as anyone feels they have some power to affect change, Nick will set you/them straight.

Well said.

Then there is absolutely no reason for the ESOP to exist.

Nick becomes judge, jury and executioner and members be damned.:frowning:

This is beyond ethics, it is about human decency. Nothing more, nothing less.

The message board can be a tough place for the thinned skinned.

Yeah, you’re just a sore winner, your boy wasn’t kicked out, what more do you want? Looks like you & yours won’t be satisfied until Thornbury takes over as Executive Director of NACHI.

Personally, it appears this thing is far from over, the cold war has begun, expect no help from the CoE, it’s open season on everyone, keep your powder dry it looks to be a long siege.

I wasn’t involved (other than my phone blowing up :roll:). I was in the mountains with Dale, got back, and heading to AZ this afternoon. I’m OK with whatever the 3 of them came/come up with as long as it doesn’t harm members.

I not defending anyone’s actions. I have actually personally yelled at Nathan and made him leave a conference(something I am not proud of), so I am not defending him. I am not defending Troy either. Alternatively, attacking someone with a disease and taunting them with it is far beyond anything anyone should expect. Do you guys trip old ladies to? So, if the it has been going on for years it is ok? How low are you willing to go? Tough skin has nothing to do with it, anyone can take it, they should not have to. I personally want nothing to do with people who have no common decency. If the ESOP and Nick are not willing to do anything about the comments made above then I will certainly have to evaluate my participation in this org.

Which “comments above?” It’s an unmoderated message board (and being unmoderated provides countless benefits to members) so I probably can’t do anything about them even if I knew which ones you were referring to. Sorry.

The door swings both ways. :stuck_out_tongue:

It certainly does

Has Nathan taught you how to dance? :roll:

This is the last place left in our industry where inspectors can come to dissect vendors’ products and services… and discover, with the help of other members, which ones are good and which ones are not… which vendors treat them well and which vendors don’t… which ones make sense and which ones are a waste of money. Even InterNACHI’s products and services are subject to this interrogation by members. You all keep us on our toes.

It is one of our members’ most precious benefits. But it essentially requires an unmoderated and popular message board. Unmoderated so that members can drill down on vendors, their products, and their services. Popular so that the vendors realize that most of their potential customers are here. Dilute either, and you deny our members this precious benefit.