Announcing new email feature for NACHI members.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

You can now add a second email address to NACHI’s member database. This second email address will receive your update, system messages from NACHI. This second email address will receive nothing that your primary email address doesn’t receive.

This feature was added in response to members who use a different email address at work, are in the process of switching email addresses, or who are having technical difficulty with their primary email.

This second email address is not used elsewhere, is not displayed anywhere and cannot track the message board like your primary email address can. It is only for NACHI system updates.

To add a second email address... email nick.gromicko@nachi.org with your full name, address, and the email address you want to add.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

What is being done about getting NACHI a proctored test? Is there not independent companies that offer this type of testing? How much do they cost? You really need to get on top of this, that is something which is really important!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Joe, everywhere licensing has been in effect for a few years using a proctored exam (be it a State exam or the NHIE), NACHI continues to pick up more and more members. These members are of course, all licensed, and have all passed their respective proctored exam. Essentially all veterans.

In states that don't have licensing but are about to adopt licensing with a proctored exam, everyone has to take that proctored exam anyway, regardless of association affiliation.

In states that don't have licensing but are about to adopt licensing without a proctored exam, its even better. No one joins ASHI or pays to take a proctored exam.

ASHI is hurting because licensing is causing all their inspectors to take the proctored exam (often the NHIE). Those inspectors never take or pay for it again (no state requires you to pass it more than once). Then they're quitting ASHI. NHIE collects no annual exam fees, ASHI collects no more annual dues. They dilute their own 30 year equity in the ASHI list by replacing it with the licensed list. Licensing fees don't go to ASHI.

Clearly state for me the purpose of NACHI offering a competing proctored exam (assuming we can't do it for much less than the NHIE).

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

and all of this this has what to do with secondary e-mail adresses ???

Gerry Beaumont

NACHI Education Committee

e-mail : education@nachi.org

NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Nothing Gerry.

I'm just latching onto any opportunity to see if someone is looking at a bigger picture than I am.

I don't want to come out in favor of licensing when so many of our members oppose it, but it can't be denied...the adoption of State licensing and exams (be it the NHIE or the States or whomever's) really undermines the big ASHI List that used to be so important years ago. It leaves a new list of qualified licensed inspectors beholden to no association and free to join any one they want. And on that playing field... we're off to win the super bowl.

Nick

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Nick,

Sorry that so many of our members are anti- legislation, unfortunately our members are not the ones who wish to see legislation enacted. and I still am missing what this has to do with e-mail addresses, why don't we start a sensible discussion in members only about legislation ???

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Please stay on thread topic Joe.

Nick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Gerry,

Why are you sorry that our members are anti legislation? Someone should be against it, as it sucks in all but a very few cases. If it serves no purpose, and fails to protect the consumer, why should anyone support it.

This bandwagon was started by another HI org. They state otherwise, but the truth is the truth. I have yet to see this other org stand up in front of any governing body, and explain why licensing doesnt work. To the contrary, they oppose any legislation which doesnt conform to their restrictive model. Their arguments are disengenuine and, for many of us, inflamatory.

I'm sorry, but the defeatest attitude that "its coming" has never suited me. So long as there's a chance at talking sense to a legislative body, I say that some effort should be spent there, as well. ASHI claims to have been there and done that. I dont believe it... Their actions speck volumes for what the real agenda is.

There, I feel better....

Oh yeah, we're off topic, BIG time... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

I refer you to my previous post and try to stay on topic.

Nick