Annual check-ups?

Originally Posted By: Sean LaSalle
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello,

Here is a good one, I use the matrix report from ITA. They sent me a letter about offering you clients the option to purchase your services every year, where you go back once a year and do a check up. This wouldn't last as long as a regular inspection. But the idea is to get repeat business. You would have them sign a contract, pay you up front, and basically go to them once a year and give them a list of concerns

Good business idea? What are some thoughts on this?

Originally Posted By: jremas

I got the same letter from ITA. I did not make any moves on it yet, but I did have one client request for me to do annual pest inspections. I am not sure if this would work but it is worth trying. Trying is free & you don’t have to buy the forms unless you actually get a job which won’t be for about a year anyway. See what happens.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Jeff,

Thanks. I think I cant go wrong by offering to do them. Do you use the matrix report from ITA? Of all the ones I've been looking at, I think it is the best.

Jeff, I know we are pretty close, but any chance of us getting together for coffee or golf?

Sean LaSalle
Anchor Home Inspections
anchorhomeinspections@msn.com
610-965-0992

Originally Posted By: gbell

I attend the ITA expo each year in Las Vegas it is in October. I have always found it to be very educational. It also is a great way to recharge your energies about doing inspections. You just have to look past all of the marketing that takes place. Last year they introduced the annual inspection program. I think it would be a great way to keep the customers that we have. The emphasis is on how much we put into getting a customer. Once we do the inspection, in most cases we lose contact until they buy another house. I plan to start working these in the near future. I just feel that in most case it will be easier to sell after they have been in the home for 6 to 9 months. When they are buying the home they are writing checks for all types of service. If any of you get a chance to go to the expo it is money well spent and a great place to take a vacation.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Greg,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about attending, but with all the money I've been spending to get the show on the road, I have to make my mortgage payments. ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

I really am thinking about it. Not just for the training, but also for the gaming!

Originally Posted By: jremas

Sean, I do use the ITA report and like it. I actually stopped using a computer generated report and am much happier. I am a computer geek, so to go back to paper was tough but the ITA report made it easier. I have reviewed several other paper reports but this one IMO is the best for me. Coffee sounds better than golf unless you want to make it miniature golf. The closest I get to Allentown is Stroudsburg (I will be there today) but I am completely packed with appointments this entire week, so this week is out. Good luck.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: kbliss

Sean,

The check up sounds like a good idea, what sort of price would you charge?

Kurt Bliss Inc

Originally Posted By: Steve Yared

Hey Jeff,

I'm curious why you went from computer reporting to paper. I'm thinking of going from paper (AHIT) to computer. I thought it would speed things up for me and be more detailed.

Steve Yared

www.thehomeexaminer.com

Originally Posted By: chorne

Hey Steve,

I also used AHITI, I was pleased with that choice.
Great school, but I do like my paper reporting.

Carla

Originally Posted By: Jim Troth

ead the post re: annual checkups and I also was considering doing such a thing. How much do you charge and what areas are you primarily checking out?

I was thinking about also marketing to senior citizens. This could help prevent them from getting scammed for unneeded repairs.

Jim Troth