Another great Inspector has left our ranks.

It is with a heavy heart that I make this post. Benny Stewart has passed away. You can view his obituary at http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=benny-lee-stewart&pid=153179259.

Benny was a former Green Beret and full Freemason who carried his ethics, honesty, hard work, and love of people into this profession. Benny was instrumental and worked to help create the North Texas INACHI chapter. In our profession he held the following credentials among others.

• Texas Department of State Health Services- Mold Assessment Consultant License #MAC0558
  • Texas Real Estate Commission - Professional Real Estate Inspector License #6662
  • Texas Department of Insurance – VIP Inspector Certificate #12111061051
  • Texas Department of Insurance - Adjuster P&C License # 1123638
  • Master Inspector Certification Board - Certified Master Inspector
  • Southern Council of Professional Building Inspectors
  • North Texas Chapter - National Association of Certified Home Inspectors
  • National Association of Certified Home Inspectors - NACHI#3121907
  • IESO - Certified Residential Mold Inspector #12535

I have known Benny for a very short 6 years, have worked with him on inspection jobs, taken extended training courses with him, socialized with him, and most of all learned from him.

His family is writing his eulogy for tomorrow’s services and would like some more input from the Inspector community regarding his involvement in the profession. If you would like to contribute your anecdotes, your experiences with Benny, any other information that can help them please post here. I will direct them to this post.

As a military Veteran myself I prefer to view his leaving not as a departure from this world but instead as a unit reassignment. Benny has been reassigned to God’s own Special Forces, and God has gained an exemplary soldier! Benny will me missed but certainly not forgotten by all those whose lives he has touched!!

Please take a moment and add your anecdotes and information for the family to use.

Manny, very sorry to hear that. I know from your previous posts that Benny was a very special person and good friend of yours and many others. My condolences to his family and to you as well.

My best wishes and prayers go out to his family and friends. It is truly a sad day when any of our own brothers (or sisters) passes. It is an awakening to all of us to live each and everyday to its fullest and be thankful for what we have.

Jim

Particularly in these days and times … the loss of a legitimate and professional inspector is a loss to our entire industry.

I did not know Mr. Stewart but I know his friend, Manny, and how his use of the words “honesty” and “ethical” are carefully selected and rarely bestowed.

I express my deepest condolences to his family and his friends along with my sincerest best wishes for continued inspiration by his example to those who have experienced from him those attributes that Manny has described.

Benny, thanks for your service to our country.
My best wishes to all his family and friends.

Sorry to hear this. Will keep him in our prayers…

Manny -

What happened, the Obit did not say.

Also could not tell / is he in Mass or Tx

Hello Dan,

Benny has been battling cancer for some time now. At one point it looked good but it returned. Last year he put his business aside here in Texas and moved back to MA. Benny had a feeling about the latest round and wanted to make sure his Wife was near her family when his time came. Benny always was thinking about the other person over himself. That was just like him!

Sorry to hear this sad news.

My sincere condolences to all family & friends of Benny.

Benny,

My prayers are with you and your Family. RIP my Friend, I salute you for your service in the Special Forces. May God Bless you and your Family.

Alfred Leo Pelletier