Another home inspection contract review.

Uh, no they will not. Why put in stuff like this that we all know isn’t true?

Not true again.

And worse, it makes you appear to be a real douchebag who is already preparing for your client to be furious with you. I would never hire you if I noticed this in your pre-inspection agreement.

OMG, don’t hire this douchebag. He’s already predicting we won’t be happy with him.

But not the back of it or page 2? It’s a 2-page contract.

B.S. If that was the case, I could simply never give my contract to anyone to sign.

Add the word “for” between your name and your company name.

It’s one of the most poorly-written pre-inspection agreements I’ve seen.

Don’t take it personally, just trying to help.

Disclosure: I’m not an attorney, I just play one on InterNACHI’s message board. :wink:

I use interNACHI’s one pager from a while back, can’t go wrong!

If they want to sue, they’ll sue regardless…and no contract will protect you.

Nick,

You should become an attorney …

Nick,

Thank you very much for the sharpening session. I truly appreciate your input.
How can I get a copy of the NACHI contract? What reporting software do you recommend?

I recommend you get them the contract as soon as they schedule (that way they can’t use that “I didn’t have time to read it” excuse) using http://www.nachi.org/onlineagreement.htm which also comes with third-party verification. I stand ready to demonstrate (under oath) that your client signed your contract and that our time stamp is accurate. There is no charge for my testimony, should you ever need me.

Thanks for being gracious. Some of our members take my comments too personally. I’m only trying to help.