Another n00b intro... and more!

Greetings from Cape Coral, Florida! My name is Cary. Not Gary, Cary. Like Grant, but better looking (IMHO). I’m a retired LEO from New York who joined the wave of refugees fleeing to Florida. I’m new to InterNACHI as of last week, just started the online courses and hope to have my Florida license by mid-summer.

Why?

Well, it’s a long story, so I’ll try to keep it short. I used to be an HVAC tech… did installations and service for about 12-years for a family-owned outfit in Westchester County, NY. I was doing fine and considered one of the top techs but for some reason I can’t quite explain, I decided to hang up my gauges and put on a duty belt at age 32. I was the second-oldest recruit in NYPD Company 97-08. 23 short years later I’m retired from my 3rd LEO job. Not a single regret. In fact, that dumbass 32-year old made a pretty good career move. I bought and sold a few houses in the past 2+ decades and like to think I have a pretty good eye, but the inspectors who I used for my purchases were top-notch guys and saved me literally tenfold what I paid them. You might not know this, but cops aren’t really appreciated that much in NY. I’d love to be able to save people thousands of dollars all day long.

OK, I said I’d try to keep it short. Another failed attempt, so please pop a cold one on me and feel free to ask any HVAC (or cop) questions you may have. I’ll do my best to keep the replies short! :grinning: :beer:

7 Likes

Welcome Cary!

1 Like

Welcome Gary, wish you the best!

1 Like

Greetings Cary.

A recent client was Paul Barasch, past president of

4 Likes

Welcome Cary! You will fit in well with the crowd here. Don’t be shy to post ANY questions you have and it’s a super learning tool for “Noobs” and seasoned inspectors.

Also, if and when Florida gets too hot, I know a great real estate agent that can find you the “perfect getaway” up here in the N. GA. mountains… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, Dan! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Cary!..Enjoy!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Cary, Enjoy!!

2 Likes

You couldn’t be more wrong - there are plenty of folks who appreciate cops in NY!

3 Likes

Funny thing is we came to Florida with the intention of looking around the mid/south east for a “permanent” home. I was pre-focused on Tennessee for their tax/political climate, and I heard the weather wasn’t too bad, either. Well, we spent 3 days in Chattanooga checking out property and saw some truly incredible sites, however three solid days of rain and black ice sent this seasoned NY’er back to Florida in a hurry! I guess I still have a lot of thawing out to do.

Welcome Gary​:rofl::rofl: I mean Cary, welcome

Welcome Cary, I also was a Canadian A/PoliceConstable, I’ve been doing this for 11 years, you will love it

2 Likes

Welcome Cary! I too am new here, this is my first post, and I am likewise transplanted to Florida and working my way away from public service (career paramedic). Excited for what the future holds!!

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Leslie!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Excellent source for info and learning from the folks here on the forums. Don’t be shy to ask questions.

Btw…Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club, Cary. If you decide to give Tennessee another chance try June, when Florida is melting but its perfect here. :rofl: